applying for position at same elem. I attended? wording help

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by sweet tea, Jul 8, 2014.

1. sweet tea

sweet tea Rookie

Jul 8, 2014

First time poster! A little about me--Alt. certified. Mid 40's. Lots of sub and tutor experience. Actively, aggressively looking for one year.

I am now beginning to send out resumes/covers to every school in my district. For some reason, I am stumped on what to say in my cover to the elementary I attended. This has to be a little plus right even though it was maaaannny years ago?? Of course, none of the same admin or teachers or there so I don't have any contacts.

All I can come up with is something about great memories at B.H. Elementary... blah, blah..

Please help me figure out how to word this. Thanks!

3. MrsJay

MrsJay Rookie

Jul 8, 2014

"I am a product of this school and can attribute my achievements to the outstanding educational foundation I received here."

4. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Jul 8, 2014

When I send my cover letter to my former elementary school, I put:
    As an alumnus of PS 00, I will be committed to providing my students with the same exceptional education that I received at your school.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2014

If you choose to mention it, it should be brief. A portion of a sentence that has some relation to your skills.

6. joeboo22

joeboo22 Rookie

Jul 8, 2014

I'd either just briefly mention being an alum of the school, or saying something like I feel my experience of growing up in the area and attending the school make me a unique candidate for the school.