applying for jobs after being told to resign...thoughts please

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by futureteach24, Apr 1, 2014.

1. futureteach24

futureteach24 Companion

Apr 1, 2014

I have been filling out apps. As my union instructed me, I have just been telling schools, "I'm looking for a change." I am second year teacher and the start of my career has been hell. I'm a strong person and have made the best out of a horrible situation.

I will not be deterred. I have worked with kids my whole life. I also work part-time as an educator elsewhere and have good evals. I refuse to let one person (my p) take my dreams away.

I have been on 3 interviews. One school is very interested in me. As a matter of fact, the principal basically told me he wanted to hire me before I left the day of the interview. He said he wanted to speak to my principal. However, as I told him, my p told me previously that per district policy, he has to go through HR for reference checks...this is for any reference check. I've been told HR tells dates of employment, whether you resigned or were terminated, and if they would rehire you (HR told me flagging people as a non-rehire was strictly for those with multiple "personnel" issues???).

The perspective p emailed me early today and told me he was contacting HR today. I haven't heard anything and I know he hasn't contacted any of my references yet.

If I don't get the job, I know the reference check(s) were not good or good enough. I am feeling anxious.

May you give me your thoughts/advice please?

Thanks!

3. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Apr 2, 2014

Did you hear anything yet?

I wonder how many other candidates they are checking references for?

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Apr 3, 2014

Good luck to you!

If getting this position doesn't work, KEEP LOOKING! :) If that doesn't happen, there are many other avenues you can go with education- such as working for a company designing resources and assessments. Keep using your special teaching talents to our help students succeed :)