Applying At School That Previously Rejected You?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by toiatoi, Jan 14, 2013.

1. toiatoi

toiatoi Rookie

Jan 14, 2013

Hi everyone! I posted a few months back about an interview I went on. It went great and I was turned down because the other applicant a special education certificate.

Some background, I applied for a para position but when I interviewed it was for a special education para. This was not in the original job posting. But things seemed hopeful anyway.

Well the principal liked me and even told me to keep trying. Well another para position opened up and I applied. I also emailed the prinicipal and he said they will be setting up interviews shortly after the posting closes.

I am not wondering, if I get called for an interview, do I bring in the same information I gave them last time? (Clearances, resume, cover sheet, letters of recommendation?)

I think I would be more nervous the second time than the first!

3. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Jan 15, 2013

I've had three interviews with the same school in three years, each with different people. The last time, I didn't update anything, as they still had my application on file. I don't see a problem with it.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 15, 2013

Bring your stuff just in case, including anything new you have created or completed since the last interview. You have an advantage because they DO know you, you DID interview well. The only thing you were lacking that last time is something you don't need this time.

SIS BOOM BAH! RAH RAH RAH! GO TOITOI!

5. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jan 18, 2013

Don't think of it at a previous rejection. In the previous interview, you just weren't the perfect fit for that position. That doesn't mean you won't be perfect for the next position. This time, you'll be used to how they handle interviews and you may just rock it! Good luck.