AppliTrack Cover Letter

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachinIA4137, Mar 31, 2015.

1. teachinIA4137

teachinIA4137 Rookie

Mar 31, 2015

Since hiring season is (sadly) upon us (such a stressful time), I just had a few questions. Most districts in my area use AppliTrack, which I am not a fan of because it's so impersonal! But anyway, I just realized at the end of hiring season (oops) that the cover letter is NOT unique to each individual posting position.

Some advice online said you can either upload multiples (which I feel wouldn't be great, since won't they see I followed the same GENERAL format, I mean, come on, I am not going to start from scratch for every. single. position) or create a general cover letter.

First, which would you do and which has been successful, AND, for a general cover letter, how the heck should I word those opening sentences? Right now I have the typical, "Please accept this letter of application for ____ at _____ school." How do I make it more general (or humdrum, as I prefer to call it)?

I love technology, but this way of doing things is complete garbage.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2015

You upload the information for each job you are applying for. I believe that uploading the cover letter that is relevant to the specific job will go to that potential employer. The key here is that you are uploading it for every application. If in doubt, send the cover letter as an attachment to an email to HR, asking that it be included. I have applied to multiple Applitrack positions, and the correct cover letter that I had uploaded was present in the packet the interviewers had in front of them.

4. teachinIA4137

teachinIA4137 Rookie

Mar 31, 2015

Well, that would make sense, except most districts in my area use the same AppliTrack website, not their own separate kind of thing. So if I happen to check I want to teach 2nd grade at W school district and 3rd grade at X school district, I'm fairly certain the CL is the same.

In the past after I've completed the app for a school district and later gone on to fill out one for a separate district, the cover letter is the same as when I left it.

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2015

When you log on to fill out the application, does it list just the jobs in that one district? Usually there is a link from one district directly to the applitrack application, but that link has an identifier that is unique to each district. Otherwise how would it be able to say which jobs were available? I can guarantee you that just because they all use applitrack, unless they are multiple schools within one district, which would then be serviced by one central administration, they are identified and your application sent where it should go. Otherwise, one application could be submitted for every job in the state that you are qualified for, no other applications required. If in doubt, contact Applitrack.