Application Questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Apr 20, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Apr 20, 2009

These two questions were on an application. If anyone would look them over and offer advice that would be great. Also I would love to hear some other peoples answers to this question.

Question:Describe the climate you will strive to achieve in your classroom

Upon entering my classroom you see students actively engaged in learning. By having effective classroom management students will be on task and working hard. In my classroom students will be caring, responsible and respectful individuals who want to do their personal best

Question: What do you wish to accomplish as a teacher?

As a teacher I want all my students to be successful in some way. I will find ways for every student to succeed. By experience success my students will want to experience it again. I also want to make sure my students know the importance of everything we do in class ......(Ya I need some help w/this one in the wording).

3. Beverly

Beverly Comrade

Apr 20, 2009

# 1. I would use some examples of your management system.

# 2. You should probably take out "in some way" and be more specific. What does success mean to you? Also, change "by experience" to "by experiencing".

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 20, 2009

My answers:

Question:Describe the climate you will strive to achieve in your classroom

Ideally, I would love my class to be the kind we read about in education textbooks, where students are all on task all the time, asking inquisitive questions and polite.

Unfortunately, knowing that my students will be real kids, I'm certain the reality will be a bit different.

I'm hoping to create a climate where kids are excited about learning. Where raising a hand can occasionally take a backseat to the joy of discovery. Where a student who has to go to the bathroom is happy to wait a minute or two because he's so anxious to hear what I'll say next. And where classmates work and help each other gladly.

Question: What do you wish to accomplish as a teacher?
    First and foremost, I want my kids to learn. At the end of the year, I'm hoping they'll each be prepared for the next course, the next topic, and the next academic hurdle.

But, more than that, I hope to make my kids excited about learning. I want to teach them how to learn, and how much there is out there to learn. I want them to love school, to look forward to coming to my class each day. To know that I'll do all in my power to help them, and to encourage them through the rough spots.

I'm hoping my kids will look back in June with nostalgia about what a great year we had together.

5. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Apr 20, 2009

Love your answers...I'd love to hear some other peoples. I love how they give you about 5 lines to write on. I want to say so much more :)