Application Questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Mar 23, 2007

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of filling out online applications and I've run across three questions, which I'm not sure how to respond to, especially the first two questions. I'm not sure what they what to hear for the first one especially because my lesson plans are usually not that detailed and I don't what their looking for. I would appreciate any ideas you may have on what to include in my responses. Thanks for all your help. Good Luck to everyone who is in the same boat in filling these out!!!!!!!!

1. What four key components do you believe you must you include in your lesson plan?

2. What two core teaching strategies must you use to achieve the result of influencing students lives and motivating them to become life-long learners?

3. Please state how and why you will enable students to achieve academic excellence, to aquire critical thinking skills, to demonstrate creativity, and to treat others with respect.

3. DustyInChicago

DustyInChicago Rookie

Mar 23, 2007

1. this one is easy. clear, measurable objective/goals; correlation to state/national standards; procedure w/ time estimate; assessment (formal or informal).

2. this one is harder, but i'd say you have to model and you have to make content relavent/activate prior knowledge.

3. writing this answer requires a lot of soul searching; only you know why YOU want to/think its necessary to teach.

Hope this helped, but I'm a student teacher so take it for what its worth. I would suggest consulting your state's standards and local teacher friends you can talk to.

4. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Mar 27, 2007

Thank you for responding to my posting. Thanks for giving me some ideas. I did some thinking for the last question and I think i figured it out. I also finished the first one, which leaves the second, which I'm still working on. Anyway, thanks for all your help.