Application Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mldouglas, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Oct 20, 2010

I have a really stupid question regarding a job application. I am filling out an application to substitute teach. They have two areas for listing job experience. The first is teaching experience and then non teaching experience. I have never taught in a real school except for student teaching and an after school program. I have taught at Sylvan Learning Center for four years can that be listed in the teaching section or would that belong in the non teaching section? Also, I volunteered as a literacy tutor in a school for two years could that fit under the teaching or would it go under the non teaching? I feel real stupid for asking but this is the first time I have had to separate my work experienc. on a teaching application.

Mldouglas

3. Julie9789

Julie9789 Companion

Oct 20, 2010

Generally teaching related experiences are contractual. That's what I was told. So Sylvan would go under non-teaching related. Is there a spot for student teaching on the application? If not, include your resume which will show you've had classroom experience.

4. vsimpkins

vsimpkins Comrade

Oct 21, 2010

teaching experience in any area is good to list.