Application Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Snix, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Sep 5, 2010

I am applying online for a position at a private school that I would really love to work at. On the online form one of the mandatory parts requires a referee from a 'Church, Religious or Clergy Representative'. Problem is I don't go to church or know anyone that fits this category...what should I do?

3. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Sep 5, 2010

More than likely the school would prefer someone who is of the faith and if you are not, you may not want to apply there. As a private school, they have the right to be choosy of their candidates. And if they are using the selling point that they are a school of a certain faith, parents are going to assume the faculty are faithful members too.

I was thinking of applying to a Protestant school and after reviewing their application, found that they preferred teachers who were of that denomination--- I ended up not applying because of it.

4. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Sep 5, 2010

It's at a Cathlic school and I am Catholic, I just haven't attended church since I was a child...also I know of some of the teachers at the school and they are not of this denomination. Plus I have worked at a Catholic school before (have not kept in touch with any of the staff though) and have a Catholic Education number (required to work in Catholic schools here). Little confused as to what to do, have left it blank for now but I just hope it doesn't hurt my chances not having anything there.