Application Question help....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by smartlady, May 13, 2014.

1. smartlady

smartlady New Member

May 13, 2014

I'm applying for an administrative position and wanted to see what how you all would answer this scenario question:

In October, Mr. Smith tendered his resignation to be effective at the end of the school year. He did so having reached an understanding that he would not be placed on an official remediation plan. Unfortunately, in the four weeks since Mr. Smith submitted his resignation, the quality of his instruction has deteriorated. The results of an assessment set he administered during that time show a decline in student achievement as well. After calling HCM for help, they tell you to continue coaching. HCM would like to avoid a growth plan, noting that Mr. Smith has already resigned and will be gone in seven months. Please describe fully your actions and next steps.

3. bdd

bdd Rookie

May 13, 2014

Extend the resources you have to benefits the students.

Please provide additional context:
    Who is HCM? And what is coaching without a growth plan?

4. smartlady

smartlady New Member

May 13, 2014

A growth plan for a teacher would be steps to help them be more effective(i.e., mentor, additional evals, prof. dev)

HCM in this question stands for Human Capital Management. (i.e., central office, board)

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 13, 2014

I can't answer this from an administrative point of view. However, as a parent, it's unacceptable that my child's achievement may decline, but nothing is being done because the teacher will be leaving at the end of the year.

6. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

May 14, 2014

This is a horrible situation- we don't really want to help him or make him responsible, but we want to make sure the kids are being well educated ????

Would this happen in the district? If so, I wouldn't even put an application in. Just saying... I know totally not helpful to you though (sorry).