Application Packet Instructions...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by frodolass, Dec 15, 2007.

1. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Dec 15, 2007

Whoa! I'm filling out an application packet for a Kindergarten position and it is a doozy...it's actually kind of like some of the assignments I've competed in my college courses. The instructions state: "The intent of this package is to gain a better understanding of your professionally. Please complete this packet without assistance."

I understand this means I'm not to consult other teachers about the questions in the packet, but do you think this means I can't consult written resources?

I didn't read it until I got home and it was too late to call the school at that point. The completed packet must be turned in Monday by 8:00 AM.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2007

I'm guessing they'll run any essay through one of the plaguirism sites. I think that's what they mean by wanting to know your level of professionalism.

I say do it alone, as though it were a series of interview questions.

Good luck!!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2007

They aren't going to know if you get some inspiriation from friends, other teachers, articles you've read, papers you've written for classes.... If you're stumped for an answer seek information from such resources, reflect on what you have gathered and then answer with YOUR OWN THOUGHTS.

5. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Dec 15, 2007

Thanks guys. It's really not "what's your philosophy" type questions. In one example, they provided assessment data for a hypothetical class and asked applicants to develop an intervention strategy for individual students...that kind of thing. BTW, I want to make clear that am NOT asking for assistance on the questions, just opinions as to whether ya'll think I can use my notes, texts, etc :)

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2007

No, we realize you're just interpreting the directions, not asking for help.

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 16, 2007

They aren't going to know if you use info you've gotten from elsewhere... i mean, that's what teachers are SUPPOSED to do...

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 16, 2007

Not when they've been specifically asked not to.

Besides, they will know. They've had this question on their application for some time now; they know ver batim the internet answers. They know the teacher websites too.

Pretty much what I tell the kids: you must assume that everyone in a position of authority is at least as smart as you.

9. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Dec 16, 2007

Thanks again. You all are very helpful!