Application Online Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by hopetoteach, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hopetoteach

hopetoteach Rookie

Jan 22, 2008

Hi, Has anyone had to complete an online questionnaire as part of their hiring process? I am just wondering if anyone has insight on how these questionnaires are used and how important they are.

I am about to complete an online application and still need to do the questionnaire but I have been procrastinating as frankly some of the questions are pretty odd.

For example, there are several questions where three personal qualities are listed and you are asked to pick the most important for a teacher to possess. One question lists "Respectful", "Integrity" or "Ethical." I was inclined to pick "Ethical" as I know the headlines have been full of teachers not acting ethically these days but if you have Integrity aren't you going to be Ethical? Another question lists "Creative", "Courageous" or "Honest."

I won't go on with all the questions but there is a section that provides a scenario and multiple choices for the best way to respond. This is fairly straightforward although in my opinion the answer should be different if you are teaching Kindergarten than if you are teaching 12th grade and their is only one quiz.

Almost feels like a personality test. There is a section that list a bunch of teacher traits (many that are very important) and asks you to assign an importance rating from 1-6 (6 being extremely important). Feels like splitting hairs between what would be a 4,5 or 6 and I don't think they want everything to be a 6. I could be over analyzing which I tend to do.

Any experience suggestions out there?

Thanks!

3. heatherleigh

heatherleigh Companion

Jan 22, 2008

i have taken a few different versions of these on-line questionnaires and have wondered the same thing myself. i don't have any answers for you but hope someone does because i am curious as well!

4. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jan 22, 2008

I filled out several last year when I was interviewing/applying for jobs. One principal told me that some school districts online questionnaries such as the Gallop Poll as a type of screening process to determine who to interview. So the district I interviewed in had a baseline score and the applications of applicants who were at or above that baseline score were submitted to the principal/HR for review.

I don't know if that is case in most districts, but that is how some of the districts locally use their results!

HTH!