Application Follow-Up

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Storyteller, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Storyteller

Storyteller Rookie

Mar 29, 2013

You guys give great advice (I'm enjoying reading through threads from years ago just to glean some tips ;) ) and so I have another question for you wise minds.

There's a district near me where I really want to work. I interviewed with the personnel director back in December for a substitute job so, when I emailed her my application for a high school job opening in February, she emailed me back and simply said, "since we've already interviewed, I'll just forward your application on to the principal." I got an interview for that one.

Well, another job opened up in the same district (at a very new school that I very much want to be at) so I emailed the personel director again (she'd said to make sure there was a paper trail to her for every job I was interested in) and her reply was form-letter-like in that it said something like "Thank you for your interest. I'll review your application and contact you if I'd like you to come in for an interview."

My question is: is it appropriate to follow this up with another email? I don't want to ruin my chances but I really wanted this job and since I'd already gotten an interview at another school in the district...I thought I'd ask you wiser minds!!

My apologies for the epistle. :p

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2013

Personally, I think her email doesn't warrant a response. When is the application deadline? If it is far off, then I *might* email again, but most likely not.
    Just think positive thoughts for now :)

4. Storyteller

Storyteller Rookie

Mar 29, 2013

The deadline was the 26th. I emailed and got a response about a week before that. It's a pretty hotly contested district so the jobs don't stay up for long. So of course my imagination decides that if I don't follow up I'll miss the deadline. But I don't want to be a bother either...

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 29, 2013

Unless something has changed in your resume/experience which would require an update of yor application, you should leave it be.

6. Storyteller

Storyteller Rookie

Mar 29, 2013

Well, I just heard through the grapevine that they withdrew the job b/c of budget cuts. But thanks for the feedback!