Application and emails done. What else to do?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachCafe, May 8, 2015.

1. TeachCafe

TeachCafe Comrade

May 8, 2015

Other than applying with the official application and email the principals of the positions I've applied for what else can I do to get myself out there?

At this point, getting no response I'm a little over being worried about bugging principals and looking too pushy. IMO, I'm already not being considered when I check my profile and see position I applied to being moved to the "filled or closed" section.

If anything maybe I can get it "if we interview her she won't email again"

What else can I do? All job fairs have either passed or are in June and for some districts they don't have anything saying job fairs so I don't know if one is coming up and they specifically say don't call HR so I can't do a "is there a district fair coming up" phone inquire

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 8, 2015

Post your resume and cover here for tweaking...

4. TX_Teacher:)

TX_Teacher:) New Member

May 30, 2015

I'm in the same boat as you. I have applied online and emailed principals. I have thought of maybe showing up at elementary schools to drop off my resume but I'm not sure if that would be too pushy :confused:But, as you said, we're not getting replies or interviews right now anyways so what's there to lose?

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

May 30, 2015

If you aren't satisfied with the results you are getting, then something has to change. The very first thing to look at is the resume and cover letter. It is where most novice teachers shoot themselves in the foot. Generic won't cut it - too many really good teachers out there with killer resumes to compete with. You don't give up, though; you write a better resume, learn to sell yourself. Hold off on pushy until you know that the resume you want to deliver is one that stands a really good chance of being appreciated and noticed.