Applebee's..so disappointed!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by reverie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. reverie

reverie Companion

Jan 6, 2009

Okay, this is going to sound strange.. but...

I have a slight obsession with the "Nachos Nuevo" at Applebee's. I go there JUST to get those nachos with the yummy, drippy cheese sauce, the seasoned beef, etc.

Today I went with my family and asked for the nachos. They brought me a plate of funny-looking stuff. I asked what happened to the nachos and they replaced it with chili and melted cheese instead of the sauce!!! AHHHHHHHHH I didn't even want it.

I know it sounds lame, but I get excited about the little things and now I don't have my nachos anymore, lol.

3. Turtle321

Turtle321 Companion

Jan 6, 2009

Hi!

I understand your frustration!!!!

Chili's took off my FAVE salad...grilled chicken Caribbean....and that's the ONLY reason I ever went there! Everyone I knew loved that salad. If it was so popular, I wonder why they took it off the menu?

Grrrr...........:p

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 6, 2009

It doesn't sound strange, because I felt the same way when Olive Garden did away with their stuffed chicken.

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jan 6, 2009

I had pretty much the same experience at Chili's. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich as I have quite often, and they made it differently. Instead of coating the whole entire chicken breast in the sauce, they squirted a bit of the sauce on top. I asked the waiter about it and he tried telling me that's how they've always made it. Not so because I had ordered it plenty times to know. :) I asked him to take it back and do it the way I wanted. Ha ha!

6. reverie

reverie Companion

Jan 6, 2009

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has felt this way!

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2009

Mine was bertuccis - I don't even remember what the one dish was anymore, and I used to love the bruschetta app. Both are gone... so sad.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 6, 2009

yes, it's so annoying...you get LOVE a certain meal and BAM; they take it off the menu. :(

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 6, 2009

Mine was Wahalla pasat at the Outback. It's not on the menu anymore, but every place I've asked will still make it for me. I always feel panicky when I ask though, because I'm sure they'll say 'no' one of these days.

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 6, 2009

TGI Friday's used to make a stuffed baked potato that had brocoli, cauliflour, carrots and marinara sauce (this was before i developed the tomato allergy...LONG before). Anyway, the took it off the menu in 1997 and I still haven't forgiven them.

11. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jan 6, 2009

I LOVE Applebees nachos. I ordered it two weeks ago and it was fine so maybe they just changed it or maybe its just that Applebees?? I would be LIVID!!!

12. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Jan 6, 2009

A lot of times, if you ask for it and it has been taken off the menu, they will still make it for you.

You may have to be really nice...;)

13. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jan 6, 2009

They did that with the raspberry cheesecake at Applebee's too! I loved it and now it's gone :(

14. Sunny Teacher

Sunny Teacher Rookie

Jan 6, 2009

I work at Outback, and I don't mind at all when someone orders it! Neither do the other servers! We still have a button in the computers for it and everything. So don't worry about ordering it! No one minds. :) Also, I don't think it's going away any time soon. All of the ingredients are used in other dishes (the veggies, pasta, and chicken), so it'll be there for awhile!

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jan 6, 2009

Every time we go to Pizza Hut, dh says "remember when they used to have Triple Decker pizza?" Me-"yes dear, that was 1997, and they still don't have it. Now what do you want?" He just loved that pizza...it was good. I tried to make it at home, but it wasn't thin enough...

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 7, 2009

That's a real bummer! I hate when things like that happen.