Apple Games

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss W, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Oct 5, 2006

For our Fall Party (Halloween) I am going to do an apple theme. We will be studying apples during that time, so I thought that would be good to base our party on. My homeroom mom is all for it. I have several apple snacks planned, but I need games. They need to be fairly easy, and okay to have in the classroom (no bobbing for apples). I thought about some type of pinning the stem or worm on the apple.

What are your ideas?

3. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Oct 5, 2006

How about play "Hot Potato" and use an apple instead. Hide paper apples around the room while the kids are at a special and have them find them when they return.

4. MsAnn

MsAnn Companion

Oct 5, 2006

Hot potato with an apple

Apple pass (have children pass the apple from one to another with it under their chin)

Apple of Discord (Each pair holds an apple between their foreheads. The leader gives the commands: "Three steps to the left!", "Three steps to the right!", "Squat!", "Jump!" etc. The pairs must fulfill them and if the apple drops, the pair is out.)

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 5, 2006

Use apples for bowling.
    Apple Tic Tac Toe (green and red paper apples).
    Pass the apple to the next person in line using only the space under their chin (or the space between their knees).
    Practice following directions and doing tasks while holding 2 apples in their hands (one for each, but see if they figure out they can balance it in another way).

6. herins

herins Companion

Oct 5, 2006

You could cut an apple in half and do some printmaking. If you cut it perpendicular to the core, the seed "pods" make a star shape.

You could make big apple pinatas with papier maché.

You could do some class cooking and make apple crumble.

Make an edible creature with an apple, toothpicks and a variety of other things (raisins, marshmallows, cheese, etc.)

7. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Oct 7, 2006

I like the hot potato idea. I'd probably have to hide the paper apples the day before. Our specials are at the end of the day, which means we don't get them that day.

8. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Oct 7, 2006

Okay. I think the plan is to do either apple smiles, carmel apple snack mix, or ants on an apple for the snacks. For the game we're looking at Cool Apple (like hot potato), Find the Worm, and Pin the Stem on the Apple.
    I've left it up to my homeroom mom to decide how she wants to set it up.

Now we're discussing Winter Party ideas. I'm planning on Polar Express again. That was so much fun last year.

9. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 8, 2006

We played a seed toss game this week with our apple unit. The board was divided into 16 equal squares with two per line with numbers. The children took turns throwing 6 apple seeds onto the board. They then added the numbers together (if they landed on a square with numbers on it). After four rounds a winner was determined. Math, apple seeds, and fun!