Apparently I bombed the interview?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachinIA4137, Apr 4, 2015.

1. teachinIA4137

teachinIA4137 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015

I had an interview a little over a week ago, and even then I wasn't TOTALLY convinced I did awesome, but I thought I held my own. A lot of the questions were (Name a time when....) instead of (How would you...) and that threw me off a bit. Plus I'm a rambler, so I'm still working on getting that under control (maybe that's why I do so great teaching SS lol)

Anyway, they obviously didn't offer the job to me. The original post I replied to said they needed someone because of a retirement. Well, I get on our teacher job site today and they have another 4th grade position on there, but it says due to a transfer. What that tells me is I did NOT do well. Sigh.

Luckily, within the last 48 hours I've been called by three schools (two of which are in the same district, and are in my favorite-all-time-must-get-hired-there district, seriously, this district ALWAYS gets above 80% on their state tests) so I don't feel bad about bombing the first one.

Has that ever happened to anyone? Interviewed for a position and then they repost? Awkward lol

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 4, 2015

Did they actually repost that job or did they post a different job that had opened up due to a transfer? The latter is not really all that uncommon, and it doesn't mean that you "bombed" anything.

4. teachinIA4137

teachinIA4137 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015

Well, it's a new job posting, but for the same grade level. The first posting was because of a retirement, the new posting is because of a transfer. I suppose they could have to legally post it, but it just makes more sense to call the other candidates they interviewed doesn't it?

Oh well, life goes on! I can't let it get me down:thumb:

5. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

Apr 4, 2015

In my district they would legally have to repost. They would necessarily call candidates that they had already interviewed because the makeup of the next interview team might be different.

6. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Apr 4, 2015

They have to post all jobs even transfers. I tend to ramble too because I get so nervous...I wish districts knew how nervous people get!
    If you got other calls from schools, then take a chance and interview with them. They should be asking the same questions!

7. bros

bros Phenom

Apr 4, 2015

They legally have to post all jobs - apply for it if you are interested

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 5, 2015

You didnt necessarily 'bomb'...someone else seemed a better fit.

With this new posting coming on the heels of that last interview, a school might call a candidate from the last round if the hiring decision had been down to a few top candidates and they now want to scoop up that other '2nd choice' person for the new opening.

My school wouldnt re-interview recent candidates unless they had been compelling and 'in the running' for the last job. But you never know...Apply if you are interested.

9. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Apr 5, 2015

You will sometimes see postings that say "Prior applicants need not apply." At least that is direct and to the point!

10. Sinewave

Sinewave Rookie

Apr 6, 2015

It doesn't mean you "bombed" the interview, you might have been super awesome, however you weren't a right fit or the second choice. Maybe your personality doesn't fit with the other teachers in the department or team. They also could have had a candidate in mind for the position, but they have to conduct interviews.

Anyway, I think you might as well apply for the new position. It never hurts.

11. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Apr 8, 2015

It means nothing.