App reccomendation?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Cicero, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Jan 13, 2014

Hello everybody! I was wondering if anyone might have an app reccomendation for students creating of a word study sheet. When I came across a more difficult chapter of vocabulary for my students, I got the idea to have them do something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmiehomeschoolmom/5744916396/

I assigned each student a word to create a word study on so that there would be multiple ways to help remember this one word. Then I scanned the papers and put them onto our classroom website for student studying use. It was a fine idea in theory, but unfortunately I found that the process of putting it all together digitally was way too time consuming.

I would like for students to be able to create entirely digitally something on their devices (most likely an iPad) like the above example to easily share to our class edmodo site. We have BYOD and ipads in the classroom, so I definitely have enough tech to make it happen. However, I'm not sure what app would be best for making something like this. It wouldn't necessarily have to be the same format as the example. My main wish is that it would be an app that allows for the easy, foolproof combination of images and neatly formatted text. Thanks for any ideas!

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jan 13, 2014

Do you have Inspiration on your computer? That will work. You can also make something very similar in Word 2007 with SmartArt (it's already there, under the "insert" tab).

4. SportsFanTr

SportsFanTr Companion

Jan 13, 2014

Try the app "Tools4Students," it has multiple graphic organizers. They complete the organizer within the app and can email it as a pdf or save it to dropbox. We use the original and tools4students2 quite often in my class! They're each only $0.99 I believe.