AP euro syllabus

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by 4capulina, Sep 14, 2011.

1. 4capulina

4capulina Rookie

Sep 14, 2011

I'm teaching AP for the first time this year. I recently submitted a few syllabi & both were rejected. The second time around I used a previously approved syllabus & it still got rejected.... So I'm a little annoyed by this. Do any of the legendary teachers out there have any advice for me? I'd appreciate advice..... Thx:thumb:

3. 4capulina

4capulina Rookie

Sep 14, 2011

I'm using a new Spielvogel book this year. Perhaps the college board is confused by the use of such a new book.

4. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Sep 14, 2011

Did you follow the guidelines exactly? I have never been turned down. Isn't it a little late to be submitting a syllabus for approval and course audit?

5. KatherineParr

KatherineParr Comrade

Sep 14, 2011

Did they give you feedback? Usually when they reject a syllabus they tell you what to fix.

Also, Spielvogel is a pretty well-known scholar, I don't think that would be a problem.

6. Ron6103

Ron6103 Habitué

Sep 15, 2011

Mine was rejected once, but that was because I didn't specify exactly what primary sources I was going to be using. It was a bit annoying, because I noted the BOOK were the primary sources would come from, but they wanted the specifics. IE: "Machiavelli's the Prince, short handout" -- rather than "Sources from the Western Tradition"

I can send you my sample if you'd like, but I use a different text...

7. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Sep 23, 2011

capulina, have you resubmitting your syallbus yet? I am getting into this late but just wanted to offer that over the past few years AP Euro has really stressed the importance of teaching social histories of peoples of Europe; gender, religious, soc-economic. Maybe go back to make sure you have address this issue and include assignments to reinforce this concept.

Let us know . . . .

8. 4capulina

4capulina Rookie

Sep 24, 2011

I resubmitted it & basically copied one of the examples on the website... Success! Thanks to all for you're advice here. :)