Anything you would change about you SO?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 20, 2010

Maybe you dislike something about their appearance, or maybe they have a character flaw that irritates you. I can't speak here, I'm single, just curious.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2010

It would be nice if he could have been born with a huge inheritance!

Beyond that, he's perfect :)

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2010

Lol Alice...that's a good one!

Honestly, he is who he is and that's why I love him...but, if one thing could be changed, it would be that he would have more initiative when it comes to cleaning. He prefers that I come out and ask him to do something...I wish he would just realize that when a trash can is full, it needs to be emptied!! :D

5. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 20, 2010

Nope. The good, The bad, and The goofy are what makes him... him. I would hate to think that he would change me.

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 20, 2010

OH I so read the title wrong on this thread haha. I thought it was what would you change about you. I was going to say eat healthier and actually get out and exercise more.
    For DH well maybe take shoes off at the door, put dishes in the dishwasher, and just be a little neater.

7. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 20, 2010

Hmm...

I am ridiculously lucky and blessed. I am married to an amazing man. Just this morning I was griping on my car drive to tutoring about how much I dislike mornings... and then I thought... Imagine if James didn't brew and pour your coffee for you every morning?? Imagine if he didn't make sure there are enought spoons for you both to eat your cereal? :love:

Then again, ask me when I am not emotional and 9 weeks pregnant and I might say.... I'd REALLY appreciate it if he would not leave his SOCKS inside out under the coffee table... every night... since we've married...!!! :woot::woot:

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

Pisces Fish, didn't you just have a first date last night?? Are you thinking of changing him already? lol. jk

I wish mine was a little more affectionate. He is physically affectionate - we touch, hug, hold hands, a lot, but I could go for some more verbal affection or doing something special for me. I don't get any of that a lot. But I just try to remember we have different love languages and that as unaffectionate as his family is, I am lucky to get the hugs and kisses that I do.

9. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Jul 20, 2010

I would love it if my DF would shut the dresser draws after taking clothes out. It drives me crazy and I always end up taking care of them.

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 20, 2010

Hmm...if you asked this last night I could have given you a laundry list. But today, a good night's sleep has given me back perspective.

He is great. Really. He loves the unperfect me, he takes good care of his family, he is a wonderful father, and he's not too bad to look at either. An inheritance would have been nice though...I'd settle for ridiculously good luck playing the Powerball...

11. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2010

Hey, I can be flexible!! :)

12. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

DW has always had a thing about getting older. Even when I first met her, she considered herself "old" (25). She worries about the tiniest of wrinkles or stray gray hairs. I wish it was something that didn't cause her so much concern.

Oh, also I'd get rid of her accent and give her native-level or better grammar. Her English is actually fine, but it's another thing that bothers her.

13. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 20, 2010

OH mine does that. But his is now in his walk in closet so I don't have to see it.
    I would also like if he would shut cabinet doors and drawers in the kitchen. that would be nice.

14. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 20, 2010

I do have to say I wouldn't change that DH does all the yard work. I hate yard work. I keep the house clean (or try my hardest). I do weed my gardens but I don't mow the lawn, or take out the trash, or cut down the trees or try to make our backyard the backyard. So I am greatful he does all those wonderful things. OH and he puts up with my moodiness. Which seems horrible this week.

15. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 20, 2010

I wish Rockhubby would stop leaving his plates on the living room couch. The cat, on the other hand, LOVES this aspect of his character.

16. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 20, 2010

Can't think of anything ... I like him the way he is.

17. teachin4ever

teachin4ever Cohort

Jul 20, 2010

I wouldn't change anything about my hubby, but I would love to change my in-laws!

18. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jul 20, 2010

Mine is also like that. He has some kind of superhuman tolerance for walking by a full trash can. Hahaha!

19. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 20, 2010

Yeah, not only does my hubby NOT take the garbage out, he will throw things away in the garbage can even if there's not a new garbage bag in it. That's the worst.
    Also,I wish he would stop using the whole house for his business stuff when he has a WHOLE room for his office.

20. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 20, 2010

I love my FI with all my heart, but I get really upset when I call him around 5:00 to see when he'll be home for dinner, "I dunno. Maybe an hour. Who knows." So I plan for dinner at 6:00 and then I get a call, I'll be a half hour later. When he comes home, he has to shower, netti pot, dry off, then FINALLY we can eat dinner. So we are much closer to 7:00 at that point. Then he leaves his clothes all over our apartment, which is already tiny to begin with.

Other than that, love him to pieces.

21. ami6880

ami6880 Companion

Jul 20, 2010

We have this same issue! I have to specifically ask him to do something or he will just sit and watch me clean up and whatnot...so frustrating!!! This is probably what we argue about most.

22. ami6880

ami6880 Companion

Jul 20, 2010

Oh and my boyfriend keeps all this clothes in laundry baskets in our livingroom! I can't stand this and have asked him to put his clothes where they belong...6 months later they are still there! And then he has the nerve to get mad when my cats lay in his clothes...serves him right lol! This is probably my biggest annoyance with him.

23. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 20, 2010

I wish my DH could get a handle on his anxiety. He has pretty bad OCD issues, and it really causes issues for him . . . and for me, too, sometimes. He has Aspergers, too, which makes treating the anxiety even more difficult.

24. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 20, 2010

Sometimes my SO & I wait each other out when it comes to changing the kitchen trash. It gets pretty high sometimes. :eek: I usually cave first and tell him the trash fairy stopped by. :p

25. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jul 20, 2010

I feel so horrible admitting this, but it's kinda a guilty pleasure to share too, so here we go:

1) Physical
    -5 inches taller (we are both the same height)
    -SHORT hair (he insists on wearing it longish and floppy)

2) Social
    -more outgoing
    -more confidence in self

3) Parenting
    -firmer with his youngest daughter

26. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

lol. I think it's funny that he has to netti pot before dinner.

27. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2010

What does that mean??

28. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Jul 20, 2010

Hmmm... nothing to change because he doesn't exsist :). If I had one I would make him richer ;).

29. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 20, 2010

You don't want to know. I didn't know and looked it up.

30. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2010

For anyone else who is curious, here's the opening line from wikipedia:

"A neti pot is a small pot used for irrigating the nasal passages"

31. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

32. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 20, 2010

My FI works in property management, so he works in dirty houses all day long. So neti potting helps him prevent getting sinus infections, etc.

33. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

That's what I was thinking - he must have a job that affects his sinuses or allergies or something. lol.

34. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 20, 2010

Hmmmm....I have a netti pot and only used it once. Maybe I'll pull it out tonight.

35. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 20, 2010

:agreed::lol:

36. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

changing spouses to neti pots - this is the all time most random thread hijack ever. lol

37. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2010

He's not perfect. He really isn't. I'm not either. But to go so far as to say I'd change something if I could? No way. It's like how going back in time changing one tiny event or circumstance could completely change the future (Back to the Future, people!:))...I wouldn't make any adjustments for it may throw everything off-kilter.

Something I appreciate, though? He's mowing the yard right now. We've got about four acres of corn planted, but he's mowing the other few acres. And he doesn't enjoy it. And he doesn't yet have a big, fancy mower. I've never in my life mowed an inch of grass...I'm very appreciative of the fact that he doesn't try to change it. He grew up in a little neighborhood on 3/4 acre lot and wanted the same for us, and I grew up on a few hundred acres and wanted the same for us...we compromised, though more to his side than mine. But I pushed for this land, and he mostly cares for it. And he only complains a little. I really do love him for that.

38. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2010

I thought of another one. If there was something I could change about him, it would be better aim when he goes to the bathroom!

39. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jul 20, 2010

To stop chewing! : ( I think that will be happening soon, though = ) He already stopped drinking and smoking!

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2010

I love my BF, but things would be even better if he were a little more ambitious & was an only child like me. Other than that, I can't really think of much else! :)

41. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2010

His gas