Anything special I should know for this group?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by missythemom, Feb 2, 2012.

1. missythemom

missythemom Rookie

Feb 2, 2012

I just got called to work at a district I haven't subbed for yet. I will be subbing half day in the morning for a high school Spanish teacher while she is at a conference. I have never subbed for a foreign language teacher before and I am a little bit nervous about it so I was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of before I head in there tomorrow. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012

I'm sure she's leaving plans since she's only gone 1/2 day. I subbed French once. I took French from a native speaker so I have a pretty good accent and pronunciation, thus I was able to do the lessons with the kids. On the other hand, I've subbed single periods for our Spanish teacher. He teaches very structured lessons so the students know what to do just by what's written on the board. My Spanish is horrible, so I can't help at all, but it's never been a big deal.

4. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Feb 3, 2012

My guess is she'll probably leave a movie or review work for the kids. I'm sure that language teachers don't expect their subs to speak the language and prepare something on the easy side.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 3, 2012

Didn't you post this already? I'm sure it responded to it once before.

6. missythemom

missythemom Rookie

Feb 3, 2012

In my post on the other forum I made sure to mention that I had posted over here and that I ALSO wanted to post in that forum as well just to "go to the source" I believe my words were. So yeah I posted in both areas, if there is a rule against that,I was not aware of it, otherwise I see no problem in posting in two forums for help.

To those that responded, including you, thanks for your help it was a great day :)

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 3, 2012

We typically only make a single post about a topic. It's easier to follow the thread that way, instead of having to click between two different threads in two different forums.

Most users look at all new posts by clicking All Posts or Education Posts Only in the upper right. Multiple identical posts will show up there, and it gets confusing.

8. missythemom

missythemom Rookie

Feb 4, 2012

gotcha, thanks for the info :)