Anyone work for a private school in L.A.?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by katenar, May 7, 2007.

1. katenar

katenar Cohort

May 7, 2007

Hi Everyone ~

I have an interview with a private school in the L.A. area next week Monday. I was wondering if there is anyone who works for a private school in that area - if so what type of salaries do the private schools pay?

Thanks.

3. bdteach

bdteach Companion

May 7, 2007

I'm only an assistant, but...

Depending upon which school you're interviewing with--if it's one of the top schools or not--will determine the pay. The top private schools pay well, though I hear their benefits aren't as good. My son used to attend a private school that was not top tier and they didn't pay their teachers well at all.

4. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

May 7, 2007

I work at a private parochial school (Christian) in Long Beach. A top quality school doesn't automatically determine salary, . Most religious, or Christian schools don't pay well at all because we are not funded one dime by the State. The school I work at is one of the best, but sadly the teachers are not compensated for that. Still, it's an awesome environment and I'm learning a ton while being a teacher there! Yes, I still want a job in public for better pay, since I do have my license, but for now this is just fine. I am single, and make just under 30K, and somehow manage to survive....in Southern California no less. So, it can be done! It really depends on what you want. If they offered you the job, I'd take it for experience sake alone. Either way, best of wishes to you! :)

5. bdteach

bdteach Companion

May 7, 2007

While I understand what you're saying--you teach at one of the top Christian schools in Long Beach--I'm referring to the schools that charge $15,000/year tuition and up in Los Angeles, those trendy private schools. Those schools pay their teachers very well...