Anyone watching Teen Mom 2?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kcjo13, Feb 24, 2011.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 24, 2011

I got hooked on this show last season, now it is with all new Teen Moms.

Say what you will about promoting teenage pregnancy, the stories are good. My heart is breaking for Leah and Corey, and their daughter-she has developmental problems, and it is so sad!

Jo and Kailyn-that poor girl just continues to be beat up by her jerk of a boyfriend and his parents. And with a whackadoodle of a mother herself, yikes.

Jenelle needs an attitude adjustment, and Chelsea needs a kick in the pants.

Anyone else watching?

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 25, 2011

I teach too many of those teen moms to be interested in watching more on TV when I get home.

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Feb 25, 2011

Jenelle is so immature. She says she wants her boy back but deep down I think she's relieved her mom has custody. Chelsea deep down has good intentions because she wants things to work out with the baby daddy, but she needs to wake up. I think Leah and Kailyn are the only 'good' moms on the show.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 25, 2011

I don't think I could watch it.

My heart would go out to these young kids; it would keep me awake at night.

6. ami6880

ami6880 Companion

Feb 25, 2011

I really love this show! Chelsea is just young, but with that comes stupidity when it comes to boys. Janelle is dumb and her mother should have custody. I really feel for Kailyn...I just wonder why can't get financial aid or support to live off from? And my heart goes out to Leah whenever she talks about her baby :(

7. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Feb 25, 2011

Actually, I read an article not to long ago that said there was evidence from the various survey studies that have been done recently, that shows like "Teen Mom" and "16 and Pregnant" many actually help reduce teen pregnancy by showing the reality of teenage motherhood. I must admit, they do a good job showing the very real struggles these girls face.

8. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Feb 25, 2011

I love watching! Especially Leah and her twins.

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 25, 2011

I can't stand either Jenelle or her mother.

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 25, 2011

Jenelle's situation is just unfortunate all around. Then they show her adorable little boy, and I think...wow, that kid is going to be so messed up. 6 years from now, he'll be giving his teacher fits, all because his mother and his grandmother are whackadoodle.

11. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Feb 25, 2011

I love it! We don't have cable though so I just watch an episode here or there online.

12. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Feb 25, 2011

I would if I had access to it.

13. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Feb 25, 2011

I really like this season. I wasn't sure that I would since I really liked the first group so much. I really feel sorry for Kaitlyn and her situation. I am not sure how her mom can just sit by and not help Kaitlyn (I know the mom gave Kaitlyn a car, but not a place to live). And Janelle, her mom and poor Jace . . . everything is so wrong about that situation.

I think the shows do an excellent job of covering all aspects of teen motherhood.

14. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Feb 26, 2011

Not this season! Chelsea's best friend is currently pregnant, as are 2 of Jenelle's friends. I saw an article recently :(

15. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 26, 2011

I've only seen clips on shows like The Soup. I realize these would be only the most "shocking" scenes, but I must be missing something because it seems like one of the last things I would watch.

16. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Feb 26, 2011

Chelsea's dad is such an enabler. She got pregnant at 16 and dropped out of school. So he gets her a house for her and her friend to live in. He made her promise to finish her school work so she could graduate or no more house. She didn't graduate, but is still in her house on Daddy's dime. He made her promise boyfriend wouldn't move in. Boyfriend has now moved in and run off the one friend that was helping her. Daddy has done nothing but pay her bills and let her get away with anything she wants to do.
    I don't know who is a bigger nut job - Jenelle or her mom. Mom's voice just grates through me like nails on a chalkboard, but at least she is trying to do right by Jace. Jenelle doesn't even know who the father is. Jenelle and her boyfriend were recently arrested for breaking and entering and possession.

17. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 26, 2011

Chelsea's boyfriend just wants to be on tv

Jenelle wants her son but doesn't act like she does, her mom is crazy

I feel awful for Leah and Corey

18. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Feb 27, 2011

Not for any amount of money. I think this program is disgusting.

19. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Feb 27, 2011

I like the show, but don't watch the second season regularly. I think it shows an actual portrayal of teen parenthood, but the second season seems more ratings driven. And I absolutely HATE seeing the first season moms on the tabloids. It's giving them some sort of weird "celebrity" status.

20. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

Feb 27, 2011

I wish Chelsea's dad would just put his foot down already. He has let her have waaaay too many chances with things.

Jenelle and her mom irritate me. I'm not sure who the more immature one is.

I hope that Kailyn can get her situation worked out. I can't stand Joe.

I think I tear up at least once during Leah and Corey's segments. I hate that they are going through all of those issues with Aly, and I think they are both trying really hard to be good parents to those girls.