Anyone watching American Idol?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Upsadaisy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Mar 12, 2010

I'm thinking that Crystal was not well. She sat on the amp after she sang as if she had been told to not overdo herself. Perhaps she's more ill than people suspect, but refuses to step down. I don't know. If she's that ill, she needs to back off the show.

2. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 12, 2010

I actually don't like Alex. I don't see what others see in him. I guess enough viewers feel like I do.

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 12, 2010

I really do not like a single person on the show. Where are all of the "amazing" singers they were touting? I kinda like Andrew Garcia, but just kinda.

Honestly, whose album would you buy? They are all so generic. Blah.

The judges-what is with them? Ellen spends most of the show looking at them like she is thinking "what did I get into here?". Randy doesn't like anything. Simon is typically bored and seems aware that these singers are so not the mega-talented phenoms that have come out of the show in the past. And Kara-wow. I don't want to make light of mental disorders, but she is serously not 'with it'. High, low, high, low-and so preachy. Yuck.

I cannot see how the show will continue after Simon leaving and this season's disaster.

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 13, 2010

I don't understand Kara rubbing on Simon either. As her husband I would be more concerned about that than her fawning over Casey.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 18, 2010

Do you notice how they always show Kara practically sitting on Simon's lap? When he is talking, she is always in the shot. I found his comment Tuesday about her expecting a tank onstage (when Andrew Garcia sang) hilarious! Simon looks at her like she is nuts. And everyone thought Paula was off her rocker!

6. beatlebug731

beatlebug731 Comrade

Mar 18, 2010

I am really growing to love Siobhan. I actually really really liked Lily and thought that she should have stayed on the show. I usually really like Crystal and Casey, but last night they didn't really shine like the performers that they are. I'm surprised that Paige is still there. I really don't like Aaron Kelly, he's just not my style. One thing that confuses me is that I never ever hear Katie Stevens go off pitch, but Kara still says that she never technically nails the song. They always say that it sounds better live than on tv, but I'm beginning to think that's not true. I also think that Lacy should have stayed. I enjoyed her version of Ruby Tuesday.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2010

I thought that Aaron would be in the bottom 3 along with the Garcia guy. I just thought their performances were just off. I like the Aaron kid...well his story...but his singing is off... I don't know how they don't say he's pitchy...A LOT!!!

Please don't let siobahn be the next Adam... UGH!!!! We call him the screamer!!!

Oh well...still no real favorites. A pretty disappointing season.

8. Tbelle1035

Tbelle1035 Cohort

Mar 18, 2010

I'm with you beatlebug. I loved Lilly, she was so unique and a natural talent. I also find myself looking forward to Siobhan's performance each week. Lacy was cute and talented, but for some reason I never could picture her as being the next American Idol.

9. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 19, 2010

I haven't watched this week yet but....

I do look forward to Siobhan's performance. She sold me a few weeks ago. Lacy IS very cute and looks the part so well but I never connected to her. I can't quite figure out why either. I don't understand Kara's fawning over Simon either.