Anyone Watch The Millionaire Matchmaker?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 7, 2009

Anyone watch this reality show? It's really interesting. The matchmaker, who supposedly has a 99% success rate matches up (non-celeb) millionaire men w/ ladies who are financially average.

I like how brutally honest she is & isn't afriad to say it!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-millionaire-matchmaker

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 7, 2009

I was watching this the other night for the first time. I didn't catch the whole episode. How does she find the ladies? Does Patti seek them out, or do they come to her? Are they really trying to find love, or a wealthy husband?

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 7, 2009

This is an exclusive matchmaking service where the millionaires spend $25K+ to find real love (supposedly). The ladies come to her. She has a list miles long of ladies wanting to join her vast database. Supposedly, they want to find true love too, but who really knows if they're truly a gold-digger.

Many of the men can get a woman w/ model looks every day of the wk, but they want to join this club to find that true soul mate, supposedly.

Patti, the matchmaker won't accept every lady that comes in the door because she knows what men look for & want. She won't hesitate to tell a woman to get a makeover if that woman has the the desired qualities. I don't know if the women have to pay to be in this service. Probably not because the men are the ones wanting them & they can afford it.

each episode shows 2 new guys!

5. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Apr 7, 2009

Love, love, love that show. Patti is so bruttaly honest; she's the reason I watch.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 7, 2009

I love the show. She can be obnoxious, but most of those guys need a reality check, anyway.

7. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 7, 2009

She is orginally from NY thats where she gets her attitude from! Love the show. I like most of the Bravo shows.
    In a few weeks Real Housewives of NJ will be on, I will be watching. I am a Jersey girl!

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

When is it on? I saw it once, then forgot all about it and what channel it's on.

9. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 7, 2009

I watch it and she says she has a 99% success rate, but most of the matches on the show do not work out. It is fun to watch the guys start out smooth, and then botch the date up.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 8, 2009

Thurs nights @ 10pm PT on Bravo TV, but if you miss it, there's reruns.

11. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Apr 8, 2009

I see it from time to time...don't like it though. It's not her brutal honesty with the men...and I can look past her being very Heidi Fliess-like (though she will swear she's not).

But she is really negative about somethings...and it's a bummer to me.

Women who are a bit older? "Losers who didn't take care of themselves, and now want love. They'll end up in the nursing home alone."

Women who aren't model thin? "Yeah, some weirdos like 'Fatties'."

Etc.

Well, hey.. I'm divorced, 49, and not what people would call thin. I guess by HER perspective i should roll up in a ball.

12. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Apr 8, 2009

I am not a fan of that show, but I am enjoying "Tough Love" on VH1. A group of women with issues are working through them and being setup with dates. The host is a guy who has a proclaimed successful dating service in L.A. (I think). It is on Sunday nights. I like it because he works with everyone and is very honest with the women as well.

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 8, 2009

Yep, I watch that one too! :)

14. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 25, 2009

I watch! The guy who chose to pee on his lawn was DISGUSTING. Ew. I also didn't like the guy from this past week that chose to sleep with the girl that Patti set him up with. He was too smarmy.

Oh and Patti is on Twitter if anyone is interested in following her. Just do a search for Patti Stanger or Millionaire Matchmaker, since she has two different accounts.

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 26, 2009

Oh, that guy Zavros was so gross. I felt sorry for that poor girl.

16. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 26, 2009

I had difficulty feeling sorry for her based on her behavior with Zavros from the start. She was way too touchy feely with him very early on in the date, so she was sending mixed signals to him. Plus, Zavros just wanted to have sex, so he was going to take it for all he could. I just found him to be icky. What woman would look at him and think, "Man, he's hot?"

17. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 26, 2009

I thought it was just me that thought he was kind of slimy. The girl has to take some of the responsibility for hanging all over him and she did choose to spend the night :confused:

18. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Apr 26, 2009

I was glad that Patti said they both messed up.

I really didn't like the doctor (plastic surgeon) that was all "we have a great future together" during the date the entire time when he really had no interest in seeing her again. Bluh.

I had a couple of dates with 2 different guys that I really felt like were saying things just because that was what they saw guys in movies say. Bluh. Too routine, nothing special.

19. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 26, 2009

That's why I like the fact that Patti is all about being in a monogamous relationship before going to that physical level. Guys are too busy telling the girl what they want to hear just so they can jump into bed faster and they end up upset, like Teal (the girl that dated Zavros) was.

20. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Apr 26, 2009

Zavros was creepy, and that other guy (the dancer) was too passive! He was a little irritating.

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 26, 2009

I love, love, love Patti's philosophy about love. She's a strong woman who's all about the woman taking no crap from guys. She believes in the woman getting that commitment & ring on her finger from the guy. Although she doesn't go as far as no sex before marriage, she does believe in not living together before marriage. I'm for no sex before marriage & I wish a lot more women had these beliefs these days.

22. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2009

It is one of the shows I dvr. Watch it when I can't sleep. She cracks me up.

23. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Apr 26, 2009

Loves it! I love her honesty - brutal honesty - and her drive.