Anyone watch the Jenner interview?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by justwanttoteach, Apr 25, 2015.

1. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Apr 25, 2015

so it's been talked about for days.....anyone watch? Thoughts? Personally, I think great for him! It's nice to see someone who recognizes they have a platform and a ton of resources they can use to help educate people. ,aye do some good.

bravo..:thumb:

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 25, 2015

Watched a little bit of it on the am news. If that's what he feels he needs to do, go for it.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 25, 2015

I DVR'd it, will watch eventually.

5. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Apr 25, 2015

I did watch it just to see what all of the hype was about. I'll be honest...I didn't even know who he was before the interview! The olympic stuff was way before my time and I'm not in to all of the celebrity gossip/reality tv nonsense, so I had no idea he was even connected to the Kardashians.

6. JJdog

JJdog Rookie

Apr 27, 2015

I found myself feeling a lot of compassion for him.

There was obviously a lot of emotion there and I think it took guts for him to do this at this stage in his life.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 27, 2015

Too much drama. I don't really have any interest in the lives of these people. I would have bought his story if after he was married one time, that he realized he was living a "lie". Well, nobody forced him to get married to another woman (or did he have more than 2 wives?). Just crazy.

8. JJdog

JJdog Rookie

Apr 27, 2015

Well since Jenner is straight, not gay, I don't see why he wouldn't be interested in marriage. I see nothing wrong in his having more than one of them.

It can be confusing, but my understanding is that he is and was always attracted only to women.

9. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Apr 27, 2015

You really can't see why a man born in the 1940s would live in denial most of his life? You don't empathize with someone who feels like they have the mind and spirit of one gender and the body of another? Cause it sounds like a living hell to me.

Apparently he tried transitioning 30 years ago and then backed out. Also, he says he's always been interested in woman not men, so I don't know why his marriages are relevant. I do feel sorry for his wives, though. This couldn't have been easy for them either.

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 27, 2015

He could be interested but it's not fair to the person that he's marrying if he's not honest with them from the beginning. The whole Kardashian Freakshow he's involved with doesn't give him any points with me either. Just my opinion.

11. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2015

You are so right. I live in a very progressive city and know quite a few gay men their 70s who have children with ex wives. Times were very different years ago. People were under extreme social pressure to live according to traditional heterosexual standards - even to the point of homicide and suicide.
    I too felt a lot of compassion for Jenner.

12. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Apr 30, 2015

I DVR'd it and have since watched it and I do feel so badly for him---can't imagine his hell!

And yes, the first 2 wives did NOT know until AFTER they got married.

Kris (Kardashian) Jenner, wife number 3 knew before because he was on hormones, female changes happened since wanting to transition before he met her, so his body (chest) had changed, at least that's what he said to Diane Sawyer, he just couldn't hide it anymore at that point....she married him and had 2 daughters with him.

I am sure his younger teenage daughters are having a tough time. The older kids (6 biological, plus 4 step Kardashians kids) seem to be taking it pretty well, at least the 4 older kids that were at the interview.

I hope he finds peace after all this.

13. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

May 1, 2015

My wife is eat up with watching it. My take is he was the greatest athlete in the world and I remember well watching his winning the Gold Medal and setting records. He was the MAN. Who knew or could ever imagine this guy felt like he was a woman. Just goes to show you everything is not black and white like some would have us to believe.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 1, 2015

I didn't end up watching...I erased from my DVR to mk rm for other things.