Anyone watch Steve Irwin memorial?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by wldywall, Sep 20, 2006.

1. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Sep 20, 2006

It was the most touching thing I seen. I think they did it just right. I was such a big fan and so were my kids. He will be missed.

I was so surprised to see how poised and in charge Bindi was when she spoke, she is definatly her fathers daughter.

3. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Sep 20, 2006

I watched it and found myself crying throughout the whole thing.

Bindi was excellent. She looks so much like her father. She's already expressed an interest to carry on her father's conservation and TV work and John Stainton will be there to assist. Bindi's program, "Jungle Girl", is scheduled to air in January and I have no doubts that she will rise to her own fame as "Daughter of the Crocodile Hunter".

As for Terri, I know she's really suffering. I wish she had spoken at the memorial, but can understand why she chose not to speak.

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2006

what channel was it on?!? Are they replaying it?

5. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Sep 20, 2006

I missed it too but saw the news this morning where they played the part with his daughter Bindi, she was really great and I think she will be a good support for her mom and brother.

6. becky

becky Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006

Bindi is around Jeannie's age, I thought, and I couldn't get over how in control she was.

He was just such a decent person.

7. FutureFLTeacher

FutureFLTeacher Companion

Sep 22, 2006

I completely missed the memorial and wanted to see it so badly, I do hope that at one time or another it is shown again. I did see an excerpt on the news of Bindi speaking...what an amazing little girl she is, the ability to handle such a trying situation with the grace she did and being only 8 years old.

I certainly hope that Bindi, along with Terry and eventually Bob, move forward with Steve's work and continue to make the world more aware of conservation and the environment in general.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2006

I missed it as well our TV guide channel had bits & pieces of it!!!

9. Mrs LC

Mrs LC Comrade

Sep 23, 2006

You couldn't avoid the show here in Australia - on every channel! I think I know Bindi's speech better than she did now, I've seen it so often.

It is being reported that a DVD of the memorial service will probably be made and will be sold to raise funds to continue Steve's conservation work, so if you are really keen that's something to look forward to.

10. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Sep 26, 2006

It is replayed on animal planet every once in a while. Also, Diane Sawyer is interviewing Terry this week.

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

Sep 26, 2006

I saw it and I also cryed through the whole thing. Barbara Walters has a exclusive interview with her airing tomorrow night at 10.

12. diro.pams

diro.pams Companion

Sep 26, 2006

OMG!! I happened to find the memorial on TV and watched out of interest. It was so touching! When Steve's jeep was packed up for the last ride through the gauntlet of employees, I was sobbing! The family certainly has a lot of show footage to reflect back upon! When they showed Steve's recounting of the day his own mom died and how horrible it is to lose a family member, it was quite a foreshadowing of things to come!

13. snpalmer

snpalmer Rookie

Sep 27, 2006