Anyone using Evernote type app?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by John Lee, Jul 31, 2016.

1. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Jul 31, 2016

*My district uses Microsoft Office, and their version of Evernote is called OneNote. Many people might not be as familiar with that, but it is basically the same thing.

Anyway, I'm curious of how elementary schoolteachers use this app in a practical sense. I went to a training for it that briefly introduced it. Basically, we played around with the app for an hour. But I'm intrigued by it. One of the things I envision, is possibly using it as a portfolio to file student work (i.e. scan work) into a student's folder. Just to help with organization, possibly so parents can keep up with that if they choose.

I understand also, that it can be used as an interactive notebook. This also intrigues me, but I can't envision how it would work. We don't have dedicated computers/iPads for students to work on at school. I can envision kids being able to work in it at home though, as all my students have access to computers there.

Any ways you use note-keeping apps... I'm interested!

3. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Jul 31, 2016

I don't use it with my students, but I use it for my research. I use it to copy webpages and ideas for all things teaching. Like a section on providing feedback to students. I periodically go through a section and make an outline of how I do it in the classroom, make modifications and tweaks to how I set up my room.

bella84 likes this.
  4. Cyril

Cyril New Member

Aug 1, 2016

For me Evernote is comfortless to regulate material.
    May be somebody share a screenshot with examples how to get under control your notes...