Anyone use Sporcle? Need some help

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MsMar, Apr 2, 2016.

1. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 2, 2016

I was doing some browsing and I found the website Sporcle. I'm working on creating a matching game for my students. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong but I can't get both the word and the definition to show up on my quiz. Only the answer is showing, not the question. Has anyone made a matching quiz on this site that could talk me through the process? I looked in the FAQ section on the site and read through how I should do it, but I must be missing a step. Thanks to anyone who knows what the heck I'm talking about and can help!

I did get it to work with the written out answer way, but I know my students will have a lot more fun with the matching version.

3. DannieJaeger

DannieJaeger Rookie

Apr 4, 2016

I haven't used Sporcle but I will see if I can figure it out. In the mean time, have you tried Cram dot com? They have a GREAT matching game that is really fun to play. You create a set of flashcards (words and definitions) and then use the "games" tab. Choose the game called "Jewels of Wisdom". It is a matching game and my kids love it! You need to create an account to make your set of flashcards, but the students do not need to make an account to play. I hope that helps.

4. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 4, 2016

Thanks so much for the info about Cram.com. I quickly made a game this morning and had my students play it today as part of our quiz review. It was great! More fun than Sporcle would have been and accomplished my goal of an interesting matching game. I really appreciate the help.

DannieJaeger likes this.
  5. DannieJaeger

DannieJaeger Rookie

Apr 5, 2016

So glad it worked out for you! My students really like it, too.