Anyone use Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Math???

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by Stretch9382, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Stretch9382

Stretch9382 Rookie

Sep 7, 2007

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new second grade teacher and I need some advice. I'm hoping that some of you use the Macmillan/McGraw-Hill math program. I understand how it outlines the daily lesson. However, I am a little uncertain how testing works. Do you test them at the end of every chapter? If so, do you usually go through a chapter a week or does it take a little longer? Are tests provided anywhere or do you make your own tests? I hope I haven't confused anyone. Thanks for all of your help!

3. map

map Companion

Sep 14, 2007

I'm in the same boat as you. Our district just purchased this series and we haven't received anything but the student workbooks. I hope everything else comes sooooooooooooon. There is suppose to be a disk that all the tests are on. As soon as I get my supplies we maybe able to help each other.

4. robinkoz

robinkoz New Member

Sep 19, 2007

Macmillan

We use Macmillan in my school. Our teacher manuals included a separate book that contained the chapter tests. There is black line masters. There is an A test and a B test. We usually give the B because A is a little to easy. In the students large math manual, there is a review page at the end of each chapter. We send that home the night before the test for them to review. I have been able to do a lesson a day. And, I test at the end of each chapter.

There are other manuals that came along with our set, so I look in those for other worksheets, if the students need reinforcement. The word problem manual is great for checking their understanding. And, the flip chart has a problem for the day to go along with each lesson.