Anyone use a Palm in class

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mrachelle87, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 12, 2007

Does anyone use a palm pilot in class? If so how? I was thinking about downloading my report card skills on it and when I see a child completing it, I can check it off. Any ideas on how to use it? My husband gave it to me and it's a too expensive toy not to use.:eek:

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 12, 2007

Surely someone uses one. Or has some ideas.

4. mrsc_teaches

mrsc_teaches Companion

Oct 12, 2007

That sounds like a great idea and dont they keep the date and you can say Johnny completed this on the 12 of Oct. I would be great to upload and print to take to IEP meetings as well.
    Michele

5. sundayn

sundayn Rookie

Oct 13, 2007

Let the kids know how important this is to you and it has no games on it. Last year, a student stole mine. I luckily got it back because her father saw it. Just so you are cautious.

Thanks for the idea about checking off when you notice skills. This would be so handy.

6. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Oct 13, 2007

If you use it, get a case for it with a long strap so you can wear it in the classroom. It will always be handy and nobody will be tempted to steal it.

7. ddb23

ddb23 Companion

Oct 13, 2007

I have a dell axim that has full windows mobile capabilities on it. I do my grades in excel, so to check homework, I just walk around and note in the program who doesnt have the hw. It was the biggest time saver I have purchased in my life. I spend no time calculating grades as I always know the students' grades. Takes me <15 minutes to complete all my report cards and progress reports. I also update it with student contact information. All of this is then synced with my laptop. I also use it to make notes regarding students.

The kids think it's cool and know they can always ask for their grades anytime they see me. I'm not sure if the palm you have will have windows mobile on it.

db