Anyone taking the CSET tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by lola84, Sep 14, 2007.

1. lola84

lola84 Rookie

Sep 14, 2007

Hi Guys,

Its finally here, I am taking parts II & IV of the English CSET tomorrow! I'm pretty stressed, and still don't quite know what to expect. I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting ready for tomorrow too. Any last minute words of wisdom? Good luck to everyone taking it and thanks so much for everyone's help on here. This is a great forum!

P.S. whats the deal with cell phones, can we not even bring them into the building? Can we bring a purse? I would hate to fail automatically because of something silly like that!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 14, 2007

If you bring your cell phone into the building, it will be confiscated. Better to leave it in the car, really and truly. As for your purse, don't be surprised if you're asked to leave it in the back of the room: test takers have come up with some truly astonishing ways to cheat, and proctors tend to be hypersensitive on this score.

Before testing really begins, expect to spend half an hour standing in line, being seated, and dealing with paperwork and administrative stuff.

Once testing begins, it's up to you to decide what to do and when. Have a plan for your time before you get to the testing site.

If you get stuck on a question, take a break.

Best of luck!

4. zenith

zenith Rookie

Sep 14, 2007

Hi
    Good luck for ur test. I took both parts II & IV and passed in the first go ,surely u'll do the same.
    You can get the purses & cell phones.The purses u carry in the room but the cellphone need to be left with the main room administering the test.

5. lisacard

lisacard Rookie

Sep 14, 2007

Test

Well, I'm not really in a position to give you tips on the test, since I only passed one of the sections (although I was very close on the others!). I will say that you should put some almonds or some other healthy snack in your pocket and eat on your way to the restroom. I regret trying to go five hours with no food or water and still expect my brain to function. It's not natural! Take breaks to walk, get water, clear your head and have a snack. Good luck!!

6. lola84

lola84 Rookie

Sep 17, 2007

Its done...

So I took the English parts II & IV on Saturday, and now I just have to sit back, wait and hope for the best. I felt pretty good about IV, but not so strong about II. Does anyone know how many you can get wrong on subtest II to pass? I really don't feel like I did too well...Now its off to start getting ready for I & III. Hope everyone is doing well!

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 17, 2007

It's better test-taking practice to think in terms of questions correct, not questions wrong... 33 correct on Subtest II is about 2/3 of available points and should suffice.