Anyone still open and teaching this summer?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by WaProvider, May 29, 2009.

1. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

May 29, 2009

We are a year round program-----wondering if I am going to be alone here this summer.:whistle:

3. Terri in CA

Terri in CA Rookie

May 29, 2009

We are year round. School year ends June 17th then we are closed for 2 days, then open back up the following Monday for summer programs.

4. mrgrinch09

mrgrinch09 Comrade

May 29, 2009

I'm here all year. No rest for the wicked.

5. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

May 29, 2009

Our school year ends Wed. June 10th - and then I'm our summer camp director starting June 22nd. So I have one week off in between basically - looking forward to it! :) And I'm looking forward to spending the summer with awesome kids - in the sun! :)

6. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

May 29, 2009

whew glad I am not alone!!

Whatcha doin'

7. mrgrinch09

mrgrinch09 Comrade

May 29, 2009

As little as possible. :lol:

Actually, we'll be breaking in the new kids we are getting. As several of my 5's leave for Kindergarten, I'll get new one's to replace them.

8. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 29, 2009

My class was within the public school system (preschool special ed./inclusion) and today was my last day. I am going to be doing a few extended year services (speech and language therapy sessions) for a couple of my kids.

9. Alesia

Alesia Companion

May 29, 2009

My center is open year round. We will be spending as much time outside as possible.

10. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 29, 2009

We're open year round, so yes I will be working this summer. I am taking a week off in June and a few days here and there. It's kind of different in the summer, maybe call it less work and more play. I personally don't like it as much as the school year. We will be walking to the library, swimming, going to parks, etc.

11. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

May 29, 2009

I'm running ours as a day camp for the summer - and we're a small bunch. Different theme each week, the first week is X-Treme Science, followed by Proud to Be an American, Awesome Athletes, Celebration of Nations, Amazing Animals, WCA's Got Talent, The Great Outdoors, Let's Go Green!, Kids in the Kitchen and Community Kids.

I'm looking forward to it - lots of guest speakers, field trips and water play! :) My husband asked if he could come to camp for the summer instead of working. lol

12. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

May 30, 2009

Your group sounds like mine. we are small and mixed age. We have one overarching theme and this year it is Beautiful Earth. Then inside that are smaller topics like camping, recycling and so on.

We have swim lessons every year (regardless of theme), walk to farmers' market and go to the library every other week. this year we hope to also hike in our local area w/ a new city park ranger!

13. Beverly

Beverly Comrade

May 30, 2009

Same here!

14. Rosie

Rosie Rookie

Jun 3, 2009

I'll also be here this summer; our center is open year round. I work at a center that prepares a curriculum for you (which has its good parts and bad parts), but I've been looking through the summer curriculum and it looks like they expect us to accomplish about the same amount as we do in the school year. I think I'm going to have to rework some of the activities to be outside and less obviously educationally... I want my kids to get a summer! Haha.

I'm taking a week off though to enjoy some quality camping time with my family :D

Anyone else planning vacations?

15. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jun 7, 2009

we are open year round. OUr program ends june 12th and then we have a transition week and then it's usmmer program time. We will be doing more free play, crafts, water play and some field trips, having movie day once a week too I think. My kids need a wind down day after field trips so I figured movie day the next day might be good!

16. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

Jun 7, 2009

We are open year round. We have a fun summer camp planned with field trips and swim days! I still do some academics just because they are 5. I only lost 5 kids for the summer (parents are ISD teachers).