Anyone see "Farrah' Story" Documentary

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, May 16, 2009.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 16, 2009

Did anyone see the 2 hour documentary last night??

I was just blown away by her frankness.

BRAVO will repeat the show on Monday night.

3. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

May 16, 2009

I wanted to watch it. She is being so courageous. I need to catch it.

4. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

May 16, 2009

My tv schedule show that it will be on again on the Oxygen Channel - Sunday afternoon at 1:00.

It makes me wonder what I'd do if.........

5. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 16, 2009

I watched it and was just so amazed at her courage. What I didn't like was that sometimes when they were doing the little interviews I felt like they were refering to Farrah as if she were all ready dead. Then when they brought in Redmond at the end I was crying so hard. Then I had this terrible thought what if they announced at the end of the show that she died. I was so moved by this show. I hope that there is some sort of miracle for her and her family.

6. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 16, 2009

She doesn't deserve a miracle anymore so than anyone else with cancer...

7. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

May 16, 2009

I DVR'd it but have yet to watch it.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 16, 2009

I agree emma. There are alot of inspiring people with cancer, some survive, some unfortunately lose their battle. Does not make them any less inspiring.

9. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 17, 2009

I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I hope for a miracle just for her, because believe me cancer has taken away people in my family who deserved to live way longer than they did. I live everyday with hope that the find a miracle for all cancer patients. I also live with the memories of family members who have died from that awful disease. My uncle passed away 20 years ago this June and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think and cry about him at some point. My grandmother died 11 years ago this September and I live with the thoughts that she didn't get to see my youngest be born or to watch me graduate from college twice! My Uncle who just passed away probably died of either liver cancer or a stroke they dont know yet. So yet another person in my family I wished a miracle for. I walked in the Susan G Komen twice for a cure. I have done the Relay for Life twice for a cure. So please dont think that I dont' want a cure for everyone in this world!!!!

10. becky

becky Enthusiast

May 17, 2009

Boy- this thread got nasty quick!
    It's my opinion they'll never cure cancer. It makes me sick that they can come up with flavored 'raincoats' and pills like Extenze, but they can't find a cure for cancer.

11. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 17, 2009

I don't think this thread got nasty at all...

Personally, I didn't feel offended by any comment made in this thread. txmom, no worries.

My response to a comment made about a miracle for Farrah, simply comes from a place of being frustrated with the spotlight on Farrah's need for a miracle. The media is portraying her as someone so courageous and maybe deserving of a miracle. She is courageous and whether or not she is deserving of a miracle, that's not for anyone on earth to decide. I just wish that the media would show more of those with cancer that are courageous to the end. Take Jade Goody for example. If you haven't heard of her, that's an example of how the world needs to see more of those battling cancer to the end of their days. Jade Goody was a British pop icon that became known for being a loud mouth on Big Brother. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer that metastasised, thus becoming terminal. She allowed the media to follow up to her last days on earth. She claimed she wanted to share with the world the reality of terminal cancer and also by doing so, she would make enough money for her two sons to be set for life. She could have easily retreated. She planned her own funeral. She even got married one month before she passed. To me, she was courageous and I wish there were more stories shared - celebrity or not - of those with terminal cancer. The reality of terminal cancer is not shared enough imo and I think if it was shared more, more people would be prepared with the reality of it when facing it personally or with family or friends.

12. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 17, 2009

I just watched it online. That was really something.

13. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

May 18, 2009

It was an eye-opener. I think the paparazzi needs to leave her alone!

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 18, 2009

I don't think Farrah needs-or wants, frankly-a miracle any more than any other cancer victim. But she is someone who can put a name and a face to a horrible disease, and raise more awareness. Right or wrong, like it or not, people are more likely to pay more attention to someone famous dying of cancer than Joe Smith who is also dying of the same disease.

15. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

May 18, 2009

I saw it too. They made a comment about how they were using treatments that would "save her hair" and I wonder how much better she would be if she'd been more aggressive earlier on and not worried so much about saving her hair.