Anyone Recently Hired by Montgomery County MD Public Schools?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HOW, Aug 10, 2011.

1. HOW

HOW Rookie

Aug 10, 2011

Hi. New to forum. Just checking to see if anyone was recently hired by MCPS in Maryland and, if so, what your previous teaching experience was (if any). I have been on close to a dozen interviews there but have not received any offers. I have been repeatedly told that I was a "strong candidate" but they opted to go with someone with more teaching experience (yet they seem to hire alot of their own interns). My only teaching experience has been via subbing within that district for a year and my student internship in another district while obtaining my Masters Degree). Just curious about what others have experienced....

3. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Aug 10, 2011

Montgomery County Schools would not give me the time of day. I never heard from any P. I know a girl who graduated with me with no teaching experience who got a job there. She knew someone in HR and a P personally.

4. Mrs.SLF

Mrs.SLF Comrade

Aug 10, 2011

I went through the screening process and was approved but I had a job offer with another school already. The staffing person I spoke with told me I would be a strong candidate and she was positive I could get hired by a principal; they just took too long to screen me. I worked for 4 years in Baltimore City which I believe gave me a pretty good edge. The staffing person also told me they hire a lot of people after the school year begins because of influx and situating the final numbers so don't give up yet!

5. HOW

HOW Rookie

Aug 10, 2011

Thanks. They seem to be interviewing up to the very last minute (I have several more scheduled this week). It's a little discouraging though seeing all the early twenty-somethings in the waiting room whom seem to have the 'experience" they are looking for....