Anyone read The Daily 5 and implemented it into their classroom?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jen0325, Sep 6, 2007.

1. jen0325

jen0325 Rookie

Sep 6, 2007

We want to start it at my school so I was looking for someone using this in their classroom?

3. mariah

mariah Rookie

Sep 9, 2007

I got the book this summer and loved it. So, I've started working on implementing it in my classroom. I started on day one of school. We're now headed into week 3 of school and on friday, my 1st graders did Read to Self for 15 minutes with on-task behavior! We're working on Read to Someone and they are building stamina very quickly on that one. I was doubtful for a few days, but it seems to be working!

4. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Sep 9, 2007

I started it with my first graders as well. We are going on day 4 tomorrow. We are still working on Read to self and building stamina. I think it will work...just have to be patient.

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2007

We are implementing it at our school this year. I have found that the best thing to do if to have a support system or study group if you will. It is so incredibly helpful to be able to bounce thoughts off of each other. I began teaching the read to self piece last week and it's going great!!!!!!!!! Here's a wonderful resource... Mrs. Meacham has done a wonderful job of organizing everything.

http://www.jmeacham.com/daily.five.htm

Check it out!!!!!

6. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2007

I asked this on another daily five thread, but I'm looking for any K teachers who are using this in the classroom. I want to implement it into mine, but would like some feedback from any k teachers who are using it....what works, what doesn't, etc. THANKS!

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2007

trayums thanks for posting that link!!