Anyone played Math Bingo in class before?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scottcanoni, Sep 30, 2012.

1. scottcanoni

scottcanoni Guest

Sep 30, 2012

I saw these math bingo cards, never played them in class before. They are more a game than an educational tool but seemingly fun and fitting for a classroom.

Anyone play Bingo in the class room before?

I like the idea of reading out the answer like "5" and the students finding and crossing off "1 + 4"

(I tried to paste a link but I can't)

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Sep 30, 2012

I play this...I also do ABC Bingo. This year the first two weeks of school my kids played a dice game in math. Then last week we did worksheets as review. All but one child scored a 100% on sums to ten. I truly believe that the dice game is responsible. They enjoyed doing it and they learned. My principal loved it when she visited.

I also play sight word Bingo later in the year.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2012

I have money and a telling time bingo sets. I also play Matho for multiplication and division. Fun way to practice 'the facts':D

5. chessimprov

chessimprov Rookie

Sep 30, 2012

I've used this with secondary mathematics. If you feel you have a group or a school of students that is generally unmotivated, you can make things into a game but just change the content. So instead of having direct matching on the bingo cards to what you say, you can give them algebraic problems to solve, all with different answers. if you don't have one pre-made, it can be too much work for a secondary teacher. I certainly wouldn't use something like word problems on a bingo sheet either. Anything like that would be better suited for some kind of activity where the problems are hanging around the room for students to walk around to.

6. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Sep 30, 2012

My students' favorite game is Round Cow, a rounding bingo game. We play at least twice a month; both because it is a good way to review and it is fun!

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 30, 2012

I have color/shape, abc, number, sight word, rhyming, and probably some I have forgotten. The kids love it and they do learn from it.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 30, 2012

I remember playing this in grade school. I loved it. It must have been fun because it was about 50 years ago.

9. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 30, 2012

I have played Bingo in class before. I have a great one where numbers are represented a variety of ways. So if I call "5" there is a ten-frame with 5 spaces coloured in, a box with 5 tallies, etc. and students mark off 1 of them. I call each number multiple times since it is represented on their board more than once.

10. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Sep 30, 2012

We play multiplication bingo, and math words bingo.