Anyone on a diet?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by swansong1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Poisontipped

Poisontipped Rookie

Mar 30, 2009

I've been on a diet for the past 2 years but over the recent year I have sort of plateaued and want to lose another 7 kilos. In the first year I lost 47 kilos (103.4 pounds) which was such a dramatic change in my life style.

Need to get motivated again...

2. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 30, 2009

Congrats to all that have lost weight. I promise I will go the WW on Friday.

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 31, 2009

Proud, I've basically just been trying to keep my calories to less than 1500 a day and walking a lot more. For work (a non-teaching job) they have a challenge where you count your steps and cups of fruit each day, so that has made me more aware of how many steps I do and motivates me to take a walk if I don't have enough steps. Hopefully I can eventually get to jogging, but I'm not there yet.

4. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Apr 2, 2009

ok so i weighed last night well with the wii fit it weighs you everyday, but neways i lost 13 pounds from march 1st till april first yayayay
    i want to loose about 15 more so that i can be 130 again i will never be the 115 i was before i had my daughter so i can live with 130 easily as long as the belly is gone and i am excited that i can run for 10 minutes in place with out having an asthma attack or even getting out of breath

5. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

Apr 2, 2009

I have been on a diet everyday of my life :)
    I have done weight watchers, very successful
    I have done Jenny Craig-not successful
    I have done slim fast- didn't like it long enough to find out if I could be successful
    I have done Dr. Oz- Too complicated
    Now I am on the Jorge Curz-love it and it's working for me :)

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 3, 2009

I totally blew any kind of diet this week. First I found out that one of my favorite chefs is leaving his restaurant so we ran over there for late-night munchies. Then I had a teaching convention with too many unhealthy items in the buffet and an open bar. ACK! At least I came home to find my husband had bought me that bicycle I'd been eying for six months.

7. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 3, 2009

I don't eat anything...and then when I feel like I'm going to faint...I eat a cube of cheese

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 3, 2009

TeachontheBeach...my gpa did slimfast before. However, he would drink one for breakfast, drink one for lunch with a sandwich, and then have dinner. He didn't know you weren't supposed to eat when you drank it. :lol: He quit it after he found that out.

I've been counting my calories and trying to keep it below 1200 and exercising every day. I haven't done very well the past week because I haven't been feeling the best. I'm going to start running though and working on toning my muscles.

9. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 3, 2009

ST wasn't that from a movie, I can't remember!

10. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 3, 2009

The Devil Wear Prada

11. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 3, 2009

The Devil Wears Prada...lol

One of my faves ;)

12. SouthernBuckeye

SouthernBuckeye Companion

Apr 3, 2009

Starting Monday, I'll be following the Rice Diet for a week or so. It's a detox diet that rids your body of sodium and water weight. It's a quick way to de-bloat for vacations and since I'm leaving for Florida on the 13th I'd like to appear a bit thinner! I've done it before, and dropped about 10 lbs in a week (all water weight, of course, so you have to pee a lot, but it's a visible difference and almost a full clothing size!)

When I get back from FL, I plan on going vegan full-time...I just ordered Going Vegan: The Complete Guide off Amazon.com yesterday. I'm sick of all the animal products and processed junk in my diet, so this will be the best way for me to get rid of all that. Ultimately I want to lose about 25 lbs. :)

13. smalltowngal

Apr 3, 2009

What is the Rice diet?

14. Echo

Echo New Member

Apr 3, 2009

I have been doing the Nutrisystem program. I did it for a month and lost about 8-10 pounds (it fluctuates a bit with water weight). I am now taking a month off to see if it comes racing back or what, but then plan to try it again next month. I was surprised by the food -- some of it is quite good!

15. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 3, 2009

I really like Slim Fast for their brownie bar...yum! Unless I'm completely misunderstanding your post, your papaw did it precisely right: you have one SF alone as a meal, another SF with a light meal such a sandwich, a sensible meal, and one to two snacks depending on your weight.

I've been on spring break and I knew this would be a bad week because I eat when I'm at home whereas when I'm at work I don't have to think about it really. But I'm still with it...not a major catastrophe.

16. smalltowngal

Apr 3, 2009

He might have been following exactly right. I just know that he wasn't following the rules. :)

Good luck this week, JustMe!

17. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 4, 2009

I had a procedure done yesterday and lost a few pounds b/c I had to have a liquid diet the day before. I have to say I enjoyed being at my ideal weight!

18. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Apr 4, 2009

I don't know if anyone has posted this or not (sorry - didn't read through all the posts) but I have been calorie swapping and in the last month I have lost 18 pounds. I went to fatloss4idiots.com and I love it because you follow the plan for 11 days and then get 3 days to cheat before starting the next cycle. It's $40 so it's not for someone who wants to lose 5 or 10 pounds, but I have NO patience with diets so this was perfect for me - nearly instant results!

19. SouthernBuckeye

SouthernBuckeye Companion

Apr 5, 2009

Sorry for the late reply.

http://www.riceway.com

This website outlines it pretty well. It's a low-sodium, whole food based diet. It is good for fast weight loss so I only really use it to detox/de-bloat once in awhile. I don't think it's really sustainable for long-term though because you can't have very much sodium which is hard to do.