Anyone on a diet?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by swansong1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Mar 23, 2009

Are you on one? Is it working?

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 23, 2009

I'm supposed to be!! :whistle:

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Mar 23, 2009

Failing miserably :(
    I am going to have tests ran next week- I COMPLETELY changed my eating habits and exercised DAILY and did not lose a pound! Nothing fits better, so it is not changing to muscle.... Four months and NOTHING :(
    I was reading about hypothyroidism (sp?) and I have a LOT of the symptoms, which I thought were just random things falling apart. Now, I am not sure, so I am getting tests done. I am actually hoping something is wrong, because if not, I quit!

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 23, 2009

Umm not so much, I start the day off well then it is all down hill.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2009

I am doing WW! I lose 6 and a half lbs this week!

7. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Mar 23, 2009

well kinda. i just had my son sixteen months ago so i started on slim fast after he was born and lost 12 pounds then it got old and i couldn't do it any more now im student teaching so i have a regular schedule so it is easier to plan a meal. i eat lunch at 1030 on the weekdays so i have been taking like the lean cusines for lunch and having a yogurt atbreak yoplate light cinnamon bun is to dye for. and i investing in a wiifit about 3 weeks ago and have lost about 5 pounds since i started it but since january i have lost and additional 10 pounds with out doing any hardcore dieting or going with out things i love like chocolate and fast food maybe once a week or so.
    I highly reccommend the wii fit if you have a wii and have 20 mins a day to do it. it is fun and it guides you well and it does a body test every day and graphs the slightest change so you can see what you are doing. it has really kept me motivated bc i get on and work out twice as hard before i do my test so i can make the graph go down.
    again i LOVE IT

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 23, 2009

I'm supposed to be on a low-fat, low -fiber diet thanks to my stomach condition. I've done fairly well since getting out of the hospital in January. I haven't really lost anything, but I've kept off the weight that I lost while in the hospital for 3 weeks. So I'm pretty happy about that :)

9. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

What kind of stomach condition do you have?

I think I'll start a diet tomorrow...

10. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Mar 24, 2009

no but i totally need to be. i keep saying tomorrow i'm going to start working out but tomorrow never comes. same with eating better. each slice of pizza is supposed to be my last.

11. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2009

I started a diet about two weeks ago (I was the heaviest that I've ever been) and the first week I lost about seven pounds, but then last week I only lost one pound. I know that I have to stick with it, but it's so hard being so far from my goal weight and only losing one pound after trying so hard.

12. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Mar 24, 2009

I have to either start dieting or start exercising. Exercising would probably be better than dieting, but doing both probably wouldn't hurt. Its not like I'm big, I'm only about 130lbs, but I want to get down about 10lbs for beach season. So if I diet, then exercise, I should be able to stay at my goal weight all summer!

13. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 24, 2009

I just started one on Sunday. My doctor got me to take some blood tests to check my glucose level, my ability to digest carbrohydrates and to check some other stuff. I am only eating a certain amount of calories every 5 hours b/c we decided that my snacking is my problem -- I cannot stop:blush: and my glucose levels remain too high. We went through a few menu options and fruits that I should not eat. I pretty well have a protien and vege with every meal except for breakfast where I eat a protien and fruit. I also get to have carbs with one meal or I can divide it between the two. I can enjoy as much lettuce, celery and cucumber with every meal (yah!:lol:). I can't have any fried foods and I can only have natural sugar.

14. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 24, 2009

I'm allegedly on Weight Watchers and do very well during the day, but then dinner rolls around and I eat too much AND occasionally have a drink. Last night my friend had a bad breakup that saw me commiserating over two Manhattans. Not good.

15. Kase

Kase Companion

Mar 24, 2009

I guess I am. I'm on my 9th week of working out and I'm just watching the amount of food I eat since I don't eat horribly to begin with. My boyfriend and I hardly buy pop so that helps. I always have water with me. It's slowly but surely working. I could care less what the scale says, I just want to drop pant sizes and my jeans are becoming a little loose which excites me! :D

16. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Mar 24, 2009

we started a biggest loser club at my school and it is the BEST thing ever! everyone is really encouraging everyone to eat healthy, and we are all watching out for junk! We all paid 20 dollars and there are 23 people in the pool! SO there will be two winners - one for the most pounds lost and one for the highest percentage of weight lost.

So, for the diet, I have completely given up candy, junkfood and dessert. I am eating as many whole foods, like veggies fruits, meats, nuts, seeds, fish.. non-processed things. Pretty much no white flour or white sugar also.

the only exception is that for some school day lunches, I am eating lean cuisine lunches, but I am trying to only eat the ones that are 4 points - so about 200 calories.

the first two weeks, I lost 5 pounds and we weigh in again this friday, and I pretty much think I am down another 2 pounds!

It is really motivating when I know i have to be accountable to my friends, and a little friendly competition never hurts either!

we can do food threads or anything here, that would help too!

17. Librarian79

Librarian79 Rookie

Mar 24, 2009

I have been doing Weight Watchers for about a month now and am down 12 lbs. It is the easiest plan to follow, and I'm so glad that I'm doing this. I also bought an elliptical machine and try to get on it every day. I try to eat every 2-3 hours...I'm never hungry which is great. Last night I even forgot to eat my snack! That never happens :woot:

18. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 24, 2009

I have a friend who had lost tons of weight just cutting out white flour.

19. Cranmans

Cranmans Rookie

Mar 24, 2009

I am...it's called...eat what you want!:)

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 24, 2009

I always seem to be...unfortunately! The one that does work for me that I need to do again NOW is called the 3 Day Diet. You eat a very specific menu 3 days in a row, then eat what you what the other 4 days (but you'll want to eat lightly).

I've done it & lost 7 pounds in a week. They say you can lose 10 pounds in a week.

I need to stay on this for a month. It's NOT hard to stay on. These are regular foods from the grocery store...no special potions 'n lotions.

21. Cranmans

Cranmans Rookie

Mar 24, 2009

Really?!?! So, what did this peep eat then? So, many things have flour in them...it is all about the amount.

22. cajunmom

cajunmom Guest

Mar 24, 2009

NEED to be dieting - summer coming and not ready for bathing suit!!

23. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 24, 2009

She was having stomach problems, so the doctor wanted to see if she had celiac disease. Most things unhealthy have white flour in it, so she lived on poultry, fish, fruits and vegetables. She was not into candy:eek:, so she was on the ultimate healthy eating plan.

24. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 24, 2009

Jessica, you're doing better than me. I can only lose about 1/2 lb a week. I've been at it for 7 weeks and am down 5 lbs. I see a difference in my overall body though so that's good. I would like to drop another 15 lbs before summer. I know one thing I need to do is cut out the Pepsi from my diet and drink more water.

25. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

62 pounds in less than a year. My schedule changes every semester, and I just stopped eating. I hit a plateau at Christmas, but the pounds have started coming off again.

My goal is 100 pounds off by this July and the BlogHer conference in Chicago.

Yes, I was that big. I was a heifer. It was nasty.

26. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 24, 2009

Congrats on the weight loss, Mama!! And continued good luck in reaching your goal!

27. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2009

Wow, Mamacita, congratulations!

STG, that's great that you're seeing a change in your body, you must be doing something right even if it's not showing up on the scale. I'm not really seeing too big of a change yet, as I've only been trying for a couple of weeks now, but I hope to soon. I have to really make sure that I'm measuring things before I eat them, because I think I eat more than I think that I am and I'm pretty sure that's what is holding me back.

28. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

Thanks. I'm starving.

29. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Mar 24, 2009

I have been on WeightWatchers since May 2008. I have lost a total of 27 pounds. I have a lot more to go but it's nice to have my clothes fall off me now. :D

30. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Mar 24, 2009

I'm not 'on' WeightWatchers, but I did buy a couple of their cookbooks. I find their recipes to be tasty, easy to make and good for you. After I get a meal made, I immediate separate it into the correct amount of portions and put the extra in the fridge. Over the past year I've lost and kept off about 25 lbs.

31. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 24, 2009

:lol::lol:I just ate dinner and my stomach is still growling:p. It just has to get used to not feeling stuffed:whistle:.

32. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

I started over on WW today. I think I am going to just do it online. Easier for me right now.
    I did a workout video for 25 minutes and resisted buying any snacks at the supermarket today.

33. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 24, 2009

I had water for dessert tonight.:party::spitwater:

34. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 25, 2009

That's what I need to do!

Actually, dessert these days is a sugar-free/fat-free creme brule Jello pudding cup or sugar-free Jello.

35. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2009

I started (yet another) weight loss journey at the first of the year, but then the major ice storm stole our electricity for over a week, and my parents were without for two weeks so they were with me for a bit...in other words, that journey was short-lived. The ol' stove and microwave are apparently pretty important!

Anyhow, on March 2 I began again with renewed focus. I've lost ten pounds this month. I haven't exercised once, but during spring break I intend to jumpstart that again as well. I weigh a little under 200 currently and intend to revert back to my 2004 weight of 145. And then we'll see from there. I'm very modest and can't imagine wearing a swimsuit even if I weighed 120 pounds, but I'd really like to get to the point where I could if I wanted, even though I wouldn't. Does that make sense?

Well, it seems as if several are going a great job...let's keep it up. :)

36. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 30, 2009

Back on track (I think). 18 pounds down since the first of January and I joined the gym last week. 4 of the teachers from work go to the same gym (2 minutes from school) and they go almost every day right after work. My neighbour is also a member, so I know she'll drag me out as well. I'll be meeting with a personal trainer 5 or 6 times to give me a kick-start; wish I could do it for longer, but that's not in the budget. I'm aiming for losing another 45 pounds--by the end of summer at the latest.

37. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 30, 2009

I've gotten better in that I've started scarfing down baby carrots instead of ice cream after dinner. Also, I was invited to start taking Tae Kwon Do classes starting tomorrow. Yay!

38. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 30, 2009

I have lost 5.4 since last week Sunday. The only thing that I crave are potato chips but I don't crave them enough to buy them:thumb:. I am able to walk past the junk food aisle without wanting to touch something, lol. My doctor told me that if I could keep it up, that I should expect to loose up to 2 lbs/week (without strenuous exercise:)).

39. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2009

I lost two more pounds last week, so now I've lost about 11 pounds total in three weeks; I hope that I can keep up about a two-pound weight loss each week.

40. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 30, 2009

Jessica, what are you doing?

41. 1stesl

1stesl Rookie

Mar 30, 2009

I started a diet at the beginning of the year....lost 12 pounds, then I got sick and lost a couple of more, another 5 pounds or so. Then my grandpa got sick and then passed away, needless to say, my eating has gone up and down. Starting today, I'm trying to get back on track and lose some more!