anyone know of a website that offers practice tests for ftce gk exam

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by history, Aug 19, 2014.

1. history

history Companion

Aug 19, 2014

I am trying to find a website that offers up to date practice tests( new Ftce general knowledge) version of all the. Gk test from may 2014.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2014

Did you just Google that? I know that is how I come up with that information. Broaden your search to similar tests since the material that is covered may be very similar.

4. history

history Companion

Aug 19, 2014

I already did and out of two companies, the first one claims to be up to date, but I Sony trust them and the second one does not give you the option to take each section individually

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2014

Although I don't know Florida tests, aren't these similar to many of the Praxis tests that test similar knowledge? If the knowledge base is covering similar material, you may be able to take those practice exams, which you can actually find online at a lot of universities, where they are provided for their education students to use as prep. I haven't checked any major FL universities to see if they have practice material that you need, but you may want to.

6. history

history Companion

Aug 19, 2014

There is a difference on the reading and la section. I have checked

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2014

I hope you find help. Before I would pay too much for practice exams, I would just take the exams and find out what I need to know. Probably not the answer you are looking for, but some practice material costs as much as the exam, and it may or may not be spot on to what you are studying for. This happens every time one of the major certification exams is changed.

8. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

9. history

history Companion

Aug 20, 2014

I appreciate the links, but the first link is outdated, second link does not offer up to date practice tests, I called and the third link is outdated. It is one of those things in which the state keeps changing the tests and it causes constant problems.

10. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2014

I am going out on a limb and going to say that changing the test may not dramatically change what you actually need to know, just the format and specific questions. Have you taken this exam, or one like it before?

11. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2014

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 20, 2014

FTCE GK is a basic-skills test. Across states, basic-skills tests vary in some details - how many essays, whether the writing section includes multiple-choice questions on grammar and usage, how long the reading section is, the extent to which the math section includes algebra, metric measure, and test-score interpretation.

By and large, however, and taking into account the differences, the candidate who is well prepared for any one of these basic-skills teacher tests should be decently prepared for all of them.

OP, you've asked these questions before. You've gotten advice; whether you've followed it without success or elected to brush it off is your business. But if you're persistently not passing the test, it might behoove you to work with someone who can help you identify and fix what's going wrong for you.

13. history

history Companion

Aug 20, 2014

I agree with you to a certain extent about the ability factor,but need to understand that the state is different on a lot of ways in how they deal with the face exams in general. This not just come from me, but professionals.
    As far as asking this question before, well it may be simile, but different as I am looking for up to date practice test to reinforce. What I am being taught.

14. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 21, 2014

I've never met the test taker who did better by focusing unswervingly on the differences between tests and content domains rather than on the similarities, but I suppose there's a first time for everything.

Best of luck.

15. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2014

Having dealt with the Praxis exams, if the test is that new, there are no practice exams that are truly relevant. It takes a lot of time for companies to get enough information about the new exams that they can build a practice exam that is worth anything. That's why you can't find it. You may be stuck simply taking the test to get a true feel for it - you wouldn't be the first person to take a test more than once. I would check with the "professionals" and see what they suggest.

16. sarahwilla

sarahwilla Rookie

Sep 19, 2014

hey @lynettstoy thanks for sharing , i got the one which i am searching for