Anyone know of a place to get posters made?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MrsV, May 6, 2008.

1. MrsV

MrsV Rookie

May 6, 2008

I absolutely hate my handwriting and I would love to have a professional poster made of my classroom rules and consequences. I just want a large poster that I can laminate and keep for years to come. Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be accomplished?

3. janney

janney Cohort

May 6, 2008

4. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

May 6, 2008

Would Staples or Kinkos do that kind of thing? I know they have printing/copying/laminating facilities for poster sizes, but not sure if they'd help you create one.

Or, if you make one yourself, I'm pretty sure you can get it printed and laminated by Staples. (I know some places that laminate cheaper, but nothing in NM, sorry)

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 6, 2008

Office Depot will make posters.

My school has a poster maker - you print on regular paper and put it in the poster maker to blow it up. The only down side is that it only prints in B&W. It is still a great thing to have! Ask around if you are unsure - maybe they have one at an administration building or something.

6. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 6, 2008

Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, and Kinkos will do it for us around here.

We have a poster maker as well, but it only prints in one color (whatever color film is in it at the time). That's how I've made all of my posters.

7. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 6, 2008

I think if you type something up and take it to Kinkos they can make it into a poster. I did this one year for a new writing program we were using. They did a nice job.

8. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

May 6, 2008

If you have Printshop program, you can create a poster on there, and when you get ready to print it out, click "output size" to make it as large as you want it. Of course, then you have to cut and paste all the pages together. I made several posters this way. I usually choose 2 sheets by 2 sheets. You can add the cute clipart choose the font you want and really make it cute! Laminate it too, and you have a great poster unlike anyone else's!

9. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

May 6, 2008

I do the same thing. Printshop is wonderful!

10. Calliope

Calliope Companion

May 6, 2008

If you create it in Word, you can set the page size for anything you want. You just have to save it to a flash drive or something & take it to a place with a printer big enough to print it. My husband works for an architectural firm, so he does mine & we have a big laminator. But you could go to probably Kinkos or the other places that people have mentioned. I'm sure they can laminate it too.

11. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 6, 2008

Office Publisher. You can make poster size anything.

12. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

May 8, 2008

Winkflash.com
    Intended for photo posters, so I don't know how the price compares to staples

13. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 8, 2008

14. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

May 8, 2008

I know Kinkos will do it like other people have said.

On a side note, we have a poster maker at school as well. We also have another machine that you can print out jpegs into posters. You can save a design of some sort with pictures etc and then print it out poster size. it's really neat!

15. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 8, 2008

Our pastor spent a few hundred dollars to purchase one that does it in full color. I'm not sure where he got it. Let me ask and I'll post a link later.

16. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

May 8, 2008

Can you believe I took a "Graphic Design for Teachers" class at my University that taught me how to do this very thing!?!? We then put it on posterboard and backed it with foam core.

17. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 10, 2008

18. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

May 10, 2008

I would have LOVED to take Graphic Design for Teachers, it would have been much more useful than half of my courses! :)

19. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

May 10, 2008

Thanks for all the great ideas, I would love to get a poster made of one of our agenda pages to display in my room! That way I know they are filling it out correctly!

20. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 10, 2008

Do you purchase your agenda books from a company? They may sell poster sized pages or possibly give the free with each purchase of x agenda booklets. The school purchases these posters for each teacher.

21. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

May 10, 2008

I don't know who we bought them from. I'll ask our secretary on Monday. Those with Smartboards made a PDF and had the class fill out the planners together but I prefer to have them do it as morning work. Thanks for the great idea!

22. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

May 11, 2008

I always type up anything I want on Microsoft Word. Then I take it to Kinko's and they blow it up. Then i laminate it at school. It's only a couple dollars to get it blown up!