Anyone know anything about Arizona?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by SweetMsNC, Mar 13, 2007.

1. SweetMsNC

SweetMsNC Rookie

Mar 13, 2007

Hi Everyone,
    I will be moving this summer to Arizona from NC. I am applying for elementary teaching jobs in Gilbert, Chandler, and Scottsdale. Does anyone know anything about these districts?

Thanks!

3. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Mar 13, 2007

not to much but I just spent a week working at a special education school in AZ . I loved it!

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Mar 13, 2007

I don't know much about those districts but I do know that we need teachers here. Check out the district websites for more info.

5. Teacher2Be2007

Teacher2Be2007 Companion

Mar 13, 2007

Yep what she said. I know in the West Valley (opposite from where you are looking) they are hiring teachers like crazy.

6. katenar

katenar Cohort

Mar 15, 2007

I currently work in Kyrene School District which has schools in Phoenix, Tempe and Chandler. Overall it's a good school district and they do amazing things with technology. However, I have also heard great things about Chandler School District - I know quite a few teachers who are leaving to teach within that district (and several more who would love to go but they have invested too much time in Kyrene). :rolleyes:

Kyrene is undergoing some changes in general such as salary schedule (sounds as if they are throwing it out the window). May take them a couple years to catch up to everyone else as far as pay goes. To be honest I would check out Chandler. :p

Wish I could tell you more but since I don't work for Tempe or Scottsdale School District, I don't want to mislead you.

You can check out Kyrene and Chandler at the following websites:

www.kyrene.org

http://ww2.chandler.k12.az.us/

Good luck!!