Anyone keep a classroom blog?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by mrs_sarahscott, Jul 22, 2012.

1. mrs_sarahscott

mrs_sarahscott Rookie

Jul 22, 2012

This year our principal has asked each teacher to keep a classroom blog (pre - 8th grade). Since the preschoolers are the only ones on campus this summer, I decided to get a head start. Compared to other blogs suggested on this board and ones that I've found while googling topics, however, mine seems so primitive.

So, I was hoping to see some that are a little less professional.

:) Sarah

http://shaobpreschool.blogspot.com/

3. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Jul 22, 2012

I think yours is adorable...simple, not too busy with a million patterns and fonts.
    I do a website, not a blog, just because I put hundreds of pictures of the kids on there each year. Can you keep blogs private or are they always able to be viewed by the general public? Blogging does look like fun!

Have fun. You'll find ways to jazz it up a little. But the parents will love it, no matter what. :)

4. mrgrinch09

mrgrinch09 Comrade

Jul 22, 2012

I have a classroom blog but I haven't updated it in about 2 1/2 years.

It just got to be so time consuming and turned into "work".

5. perplexed

perplexed Comrade

Jul 22, 2012

I think it's really cute! I don't think it's too primitive at all. I like it simple and not crazy. As a parent, I would want to read something I don't have to figure out my way through. I'm starting one this year, and now I'm thinking maybe I made it too busy. I really like yours.

6. trulyunic

trulyunic Rookie

Jul 22, 2012

It looks really nice! Easy on the eyes and easy to read and navigate. The colors and open feel is nice as well

7. mrs_sarahscott

mrs_sarahscott Rookie

Jul 26, 2012

"Can you keep blogs private or are they always able to be viewed by the general public?"

Ours are supposed to remain public (i.e. no student faces or identities displayed). I assume that mainly it will be just the parents of our enrolled students who have any interest in them. On the school's website, however, each teacher will have their blog site address posted so that those looking into the school can view the blogs as well.

Thanks for the reassurance that mine isn't totally lame. Now, if anyone would care to share theirs...

:) Sarah

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 26, 2012

I think it looks great. I don't have a blog, but when I did, it was pretty similar. We are required to keep a webpage now and I have a lot of stuff on it, but that is because I have added diiferent things over time, it didn't start out the way it looks today!