Anyone Heard of My Pillow?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, May 7, 2012.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 7, 2012

The inventor claims it's THE MOST comfortable pillow you'll ever own. They've been showing them on infomercials & give a 10-yr guarantee. Since I'm getting a new bed soon, I'll be getting a new pillow, but I'm not sure if I'll try this since I don't have any sleep issues & the standard size one is $80!

http://www.mypillow.com/

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 7, 2012

I got a memory foam pillow at Kohls on sale and I love it it was prob 30ish I dont remember the price but its so comfortable I brought it with me while Im away!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 7, 2012

The only way I would spend $80 on a pillow would be if it came with a hotel room.

5. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

May 7, 2012

Yeah, 80 dollars seems like a lot for a pillow. But I might get it if I wasn't comfortable with cheaper pillows.

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

May 7, 2012

I buy cheaper pillows because I like to replace them frequently.

7. TeachOn

TeachOn Habitué

May 8, 2012

I have two pillows: a buckwheat and a feather. When I get up, my cat jumps right on that feather pillow. I used to have one stuffed with wool from our sheep. The wool was washed, but still a tad funky. The cat really liked that one, until...well...it just got to be too much. We poured it out on the compost pile.

End of pillow talk.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 8, 2012

I've only seen the commercials... we get new ones as well frequently. The last ones we got were the big pillow at Sam's Club.

My friend's hubby got one of those sobokawa pillows... she said her hubby had such terrible nightmares they had to get rid of it!!

9. bison

bison Habitué

May 8, 2012

I've never heard of this. I got pillows at Costco last year and they are VERY comfy. I like to have a lot on my bed at once.

10. stargirl

stargirl Companion

May 8, 2012

I have enough trouble falling and staying asleep, that if I thought an $80 pillow would help, I'd spend the money.

11. Speechy

Speechy Comrade

May 8, 2012

Might be a dumb question, but for those of you who have tried this pillow, is it more firm or soft?

Just wondering... I love a soft pillow, but firm does better for my neck. I'd love something that was some kind of amazing combination.

12. bison

bison Habitué

May 8, 2012

Speechy, there are side sleeper pillows at Ikea that I think have a firm center with softer stuff around it. I'm not 100% sure of the details but it might be worth looking into. I have gotten a couple of different comfy pillows from them in the past.

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 8, 2012

I haven't heard of this pillow, but quality pillows are something my husband "demands". There are two things he thinks I didn't have growing up that I should have had, and those are good shoes and a good sleeping situation. Oh, and healthcare. So he likes to take care of me. :)

Our pillows are normally $90 but we buy them on sale for more in the thirty dollar range.

14. Speechy

Speechy Comrade

May 8, 2012

Thanks so much! I'll look into it. It's just so hard to find something my neck will agree with! I just got a Tempurpedic mattress, and I pretty much never want to get out of bed in the morning!

I have this problem too! I've bought new pillows, but I'm quite fond of one that I've lugged around with me since high school (which should tell you how old it is!). It's soft and I love it, but it has a nasty habit of putting a crick in my neck.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 9, 2012

Speechy, maybe y ou should try this one this time.

I agree. If I had trouble sleeping, etc., I'd probably try it.

16. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

May 11, 2012

If you get the My Pillow, I'd really like to hear what you think of it. I've been considering getting one myself.