Anyone heard of C-Scope Curriculum

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by deeceekids, Jun 6, 2010.

1. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

Jun 6, 2010

I am interviewing in a district that uses the C-Scope Curriculum. Wondering if anyone can tell me a little about it and your thoughts on it. Thanks!:)

3. funshine2381

funshine2381 Companion

Jun 6, 2010

My school doesn't have CSCOPE, but we are getting it for next year. From my understanding, it is a computer program with all of the TEKS that must be addressed and when. It tells you what you must teach, but you have the freedom on HOW to teach it. I think CSCOPE also has lessons that go along with it. I haven't gone to the training yet...but it sounds interesting.

4. silver rain

silver rain Comrade

Jun 6, 2010

cscope...what can we say... it is a curriculum with a scope and sequence to be followed. It is suppose to provide teachers with rigorous lessons.

go to http://www.cscope.us/curriculum.html

pm me

5. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2010

That part is entirely up to your district. There are certain documents that are apart of of C-scope. If your district require you to follow all of them. Then it tells you exactly what to teach, when to teach. Yes they do have lessons that you can use. My old district told the teachers they had touse those lessons. My new district is wonderful. You only have to use the IFD (instuctional focus document) we can do our own lessons. Also at the elementary level we are only using c-scope for one subject at a time.

6. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jun 7, 2010

This computer program offers a framework of the order of lessons per subject. I love it for math, science & social studies. It's pretty much self explanatory. Offers links & other sources for additional references. For reading -- it's so so. It doesn't always make sense they way it's laid out & for the Spanish curriculum, the curriculum tends to fall short.

7. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

Jun 7, 2010

Thanks everyone for your input! According to the district's website, teachers will be using C-Scope as just a curriculum guide to sequence lessons. I was also wondering what types of assessments are used for C-Scope and how often are the assessments utilized (after each unit, quarterly, etc.). Thanks again for all your input.

8. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2010

We used CSCOPE.

Frankly, it was terrible. The suggested "exemplary lessons" were oftentimes lifted straight from regular textbooks, required hours of preparations for many lessons, did not follow logical sequencing -- need I say more?

Several of us attended the CSCOPE seminar in San Antonio last summer, and it provided no real support (in fact, the seminar was not well coordinated -- one mini-seminar I attended didn't even know her subject well enough to answer questions.) Later on, a rep became rude when we voiced our concerns.

Finally, the CSCOPE people told us the lessons were only suggestions, that we should just follow the IFDs. Okay, why couldn't we just read the TEKS ourselves without such an outlay of cash for a program that didn't work?

Can you tell CSCOPE did not impress us?