Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissFrizzle, Mar 27, 2008.
Mar 27, 2008
yes, I am staring! LOL
That kind of behavior should be BANNED!!!
Mar 28, 2008
dizzy, can you tell them its not nice to stare? I feel like I have something in my teeth, do I?
Mar 30, 2008
If anyone has some extra time, I would appreciate some opinions!
I thought I had everything figured out about starting my masters this summer. Then...I found out the school I was going to go to no longer does military spouse tuition AND the tuition went up, so it would cost me over $15,000 to get my masters, instead of the $9,000 one of my friends is paying who started last July. (This is an online program, which I think would be better because my husband is active duty military.)
So now, I have a couple of choices.
Choice 1-still go to the same school. It would cost a lot more, but they only require me to be teaching 3 years before I finish the degree, so I would be finished a lot earlier, and in turn get a raise earlier. (I'm looking at an Educational Leadership degree.)
Choice 2- a school in state. If I'm able to get in-state tuition (which I believe I do being a military spouse), this college would be about $7,000 less. This is HUGE for me because I want to pay cash. The only problem is that they require you to teach 4 years before you get the degree, so I would either have to wait another year to start, or take 3 years to finish. They did tell me that if we get orders somewhere else I can finish online, so that shouldn't be a problem.
My problem is that I'm the type of person that likes to get things done right away. I hate wasting time or being bored. Right now I think choice 2 would be the better choice, but I'm going to hate taking 3 years to finish my masters!
Anyway, if you did read all of this and have any opinions, let me know! It's been crazy this week trying to research schools, and I think these 2 are my only choices right now!
Mar 31, 2008
Are both of the programs good programs that you would be interested in? If you really like one program over the other I would go for it, but if not I think you should go for choice two. $7,000 is a lot of money and you could still start it now and just do it slowly. Even though you don't want to take so long on you masters, it might be better for you, and it should be a lot less stressful.
I have to agree with Jessica. Take a look at both of the programs, try to meet some professors. If you like the courses offered, it will be easier to finish.