Anyone have layered hair???

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Daisie, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Daisie

Daisie Rookie

Dec 12, 2010

Hi everybody!!

So I went to my hairdresser yesterday and got my hair trimmed and colored for the holidays (back to brunette for the first time since my high school graduation- love it :cool:). The cut looks great- the only thing is, my stylist got a little too razor-happy with my layers, and he cut some of them too short to fit into a ponytail.That's going to be kind of a pain during gym classes. Do any of you know if there is a way I can pull back/tame the layers that 'poke out' of my updos without loading up on gel? I like wearing my hair loose in math classes, so I don't want it to look greasy after pulling it back for gym.

Any ideas would be really appreciated:thanks:

-Have a great day!!:)

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 12, 2010

Mine is layered, but pretty much too short for a ponytail.

Go back to your hairdresser. He can help you, either with a style or with some products that will get you the effect you're looking for.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 12, 2010

Headbands?

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 12, 2010

I was thinking headbands for the gym, but for the updos, I think I agree with Alice. My own hair has gotten long enough that sitting on it is my biggest problem, so I'm not much help.

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 12, 2010

Headbands.

7. Daisie

Daisie Rookie

Dec 13, 2010

Thank you so much for the suggestions- I'm heading out tonight to pick up some headbands at the sports store!

-Have a great day:)

8. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Dec 13, 2010

Bobby pins or something similar would work to help pin up the loose hair from a ponytail, too.

9. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Dec 13, 2010

Layers are hard to deal with if you want an "up-do". I would try some of the spiking gels that are out there. They are not greasy and will hold and you can comb them out without any bad effects.

10. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 13, 2010

I just got a haircut today, and it was free. I have a new hairdresser that I have been going to for a few months. I guess he felt generous.

11. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Dec 13, 2010

I have layers, but my layers are probably longer than a lot of people's hair. My layers are about shoulder length and the rest of my hair goes to about the top of my bra line. And that's after I had at least 3 inches cut off today. I can't deal with layers too short to pull up. I agree with trying a headband. I was just looking at Walmart this weekend, and they have several packages of elastic headbands for pretty cheap.