Anyone have any fun plans this weekend?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 25, 2009

TennisPlayer, I usually get fried mushrooms, pizza, some clam chowder, maybe calamari (or fried fish or shrimp), & they have this great ice cream. The brand is Dr. Bob's, it's great! (I don't eat that all in one sitting BTW!! :D)

2. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 25, 2009

hehehe. Have fun! Maybe take some fun fair photos so we can live vicariously through your fun!!!!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 25, 2009

LOL, you know, I've never brought my camera when I've gone to the fair. I was planning on bringing it this time. :) I may post pictures in the FUN PHOTO thread!

4. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Sep 25, 2009

We are going to Crater Lake this weekend with some friends. http://www.nps.gov/crla/index.htm

I'm SO excited - I've lived in Oregon my entire life, and never been to Crater Lake! :)

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 25, 2009

Miss Jennifer--I am so glad you are finally going to Crater Lake. I have lived in Oregon all my life, and been almost everywhere. I had parents who loved to tour, but were poor. So a vacation was a drive to somewhere in Oregon, never a night in a motel, 'cause we could not afford it.

Have fun.

6. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Sep 25, 2009

I'm really looking forward to it! I've been all over our beautiful state, but for some reason we never made it to Crater Lake! My family was the same way - we had all sorts of crazy adventures around Oregon - there is SO much to see right here!! :)

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 25, 2009

Tomorrow is the fancy schmancy cocktail party I am throwing for dh's bday. Just put together a platter of tortellini/artichoke/tomato skewers...Picking up/putting together food tomorrow... Some candles, apples and silk fall leaves and we'll be ready to go.

Going into NYC on Monday (Yom Kippur holiday- day off from school!!:D) Maybe a museum and Chinatown.

8. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 25, 2009

Is his birthday tomorrow cza?? Mine is too and so is my dad's. We are going to be celebrating his 80th. I'm glad we can celebrate together another year. :)

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 25, 2009

His bday was on the 8th. We kind of claim entire months as our bday months around here....especially on the 'big' years....(0s and 5s!!:D)
    Happy bday to you and your dad kinder!!:love:

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 25, 2009

I like that idea of an entire month!! :) I hope you have a great party and thanks for the birthday wish.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 2, 2009

Tonight (Fri) - Maybe the movies. I'd like to see Pandorum, Halloween II, Sorority Row, & The Final Destination.

Sat - Maybe a nice mom & daughter day w/ my mom at the mall.

Sun - Relax day!

Studying/reading for my college classes throughout. :)

12. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Oct 2, 2009

On Saturday, we are getting our carpets cleaned! WooHoo!
    They are coming between noon and 3:00. After that, my husband and I will leave our condo and let the carpets dry.

I'm thinking that we need to do some shopping and get some items that my husband will need after his surgery.
    After shopping, we will probably go out to eat. That's what we usually do on Saturday evenings.

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 2, 2009

Watching Mich vs MSU tomorrow. Making cookies sometime. It's suppose to be a cool, rainy weekend!!! So maybe get some stuff done inside!!!

Maybe a movie nite with fam!!!

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 2, 2009

As is the story of my life lately, we have a soccer game to go to!!! At least this one is only 45 minutes away and it can't possibly be any colder or wetter than it was for the game on Wednesday night--3 degrees celsius and rainy! We're having a team party after the game which should be great fun! At some point, I need to catch up on the laundry that has been piling up for the past 2 weeks and get some marking done.