Anyone have any fun plans this weekend?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Sep 4, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 4, 2009

We're not sure if it'll rain or not but would like to get out for a bike ride. We'll also do some shopping for warmer clothes or at least looking around since there will be sales. Sometimes just looking is fun!

I'm going to help my mom clean her house so we can get ready when my dad can finally come home, hopefully this week from the hospital. He's had quite a 2-day business trip (turned into going to a hospital for 2 weeks).

I also want to take my dog to the park and read some new magazines to relax. This has been one of the most stressful moments in my life (2 of our 4 parents are in the hospital at the same time for unrelated issues).

3. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Sep 4, 2009

I'm canning this weekend...our tomato harvest is going to be fantastic!

Other than that, we're just staying home. It will be nice to be home with DH...I miss him during the day after being home all summer.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 4, 2009

Tonight~10 yr reunion
    Tomorrow~probably spending the night with some friends. They're house sitting for a relative who has a HUGE house and wants us to come hang out (and yes, it's okay with the relative!)
    Sunday~coming back home, cleaning house/laundry
    Monday~relaxing at home!!

5. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Sep 4, 2009

Took the day off from school and we are camping right on the beach at Flagler Beach, which is right between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. The trailer and motor homes sit up on the seawall overlooking the ocean. Right now I am sitting looking at the waves crashing on the beach-rough surf due to an earlier storm. Bonfire on the beach tonight (mmmm-s'mores) and lots of family coming from all over for the rest of the weekend. Relaxing and fun.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 4, 2009

I think a bonfire might be going at some point this weekend. Other plans with family...can't wait!!!

Kindergarten 31 you should check if they have the large strawberry flavored marshmallows....YUMMY in smores. We had that last weekend!!!

7. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2009

Heading to Cincinnati on Sunday for a picnic by the river and fireworks, then doing some shopping on Monday!

8. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Sep 4, 2009

Nothing too exciting.

Tonight: chilling at home; I'm exhausted. Went out and stayed out way too late last night.

Tomorrow: library, making mac & cheese, laundry (I'm almost out of underwear!), dinner at my aunt's house.

Sunday: cleaning my pigsty, field days later on.

Monday: no plans yet. probably just getting things ready for the week.

I really would like to go shopping for new clothes but I'm seriously lacking in funds : (

9. janney

janney Cohort

Sep 4, 2009

SLEEP!!:rolleyes::haha:

10. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Sep 4, 2009

Hopefully we will be buying a house. We just sold our house for sure today. So we have 30 days to find a house. We looked at two houses tonight and we will look at some more tomorrow. Once we find a house I guess we will start packing.

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2009

We were supposed to go out tonight, but BF is puking, so I guess all plans are contingent on him not being sicker and me not getting whatever he has. So tonight we are just hanging out. I was lazy all day today and that was fabulous enough.

Tomorrow we are going to plan out our meals and go to the farmers market and the grocery store for the week.

Sunday his friend from work is having a bbq so we are going to that.

Monday we are going to see his friends baby and we are going to a Polish Festival.

12. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 4, 2009

Out-fishing my husband!
    May challenge dad and his wife to fishing tournament.

13. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Sep 5, 2009

yesterday: coffee with friends /teachers
    today: at the club , tennis for almost 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!
    tomorrow: club again and ...grading spelling work for school, grr...

14. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

Sep 5, 2009

College football all day today and rehabilitating my knee the rest of the weekend. Hurt it on Tues. nite on the driveway. Thought I had broken my kneecap buy luckily it was not broken. I guess some school stuff is on the agenda as well...

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 6, 2009

The weather's still pretty hot these days (mid 80s - low 90s), so when it gets to be the cool evening, I'll be going to the county fair in my area for a day here & there all this month. I got a season's pass. I plan to go tonight.

16. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 6, 2009

I have plans Sunday night (tonight) but am trying to decide what to do today... I worked on a scrapbook for awhile, but beyond that, I am feeling ever so tempted to go into work!

17. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 6, 2009

Went to a cookout last night after spending the day yesterday cleaning the house and napping. Went to a park today with my son. Stopped and picked up some Panera on the way then relaxed and ate while he played. Then we both hiked on a trail along the river.

Have some Kohl's cash I have to spend by tomorrow. Might go there tonight or tomorrow morning.

Also considering either a trip to the zoo or to the ice cream factory.

I wish every weekend was a 3-day weekend!

18. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2009

Friday on the way out of the buiilding I promised my principal I wasn't coming into school at all this weekend. Went to the football game Friday night. Spent Saturday recovering from being on my feet Friday from 7:50 am until midnight. It rained at the football game and the seats were wet didn't want to sit on the stands. This morning woke up earlier than on a school day, drove 65 miles to see a Balloon fest. It was amazing!!!! Tomorrow we are cleaning house if even the kids groan and moan about it.

19. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Sep 6, 2009

got my hair highlighted and cut ! :) LOVE IT! and went grocery shopping and went to payless
    making a test and study guide
    grading 80 fictional narratives ( ya wont have all classes due at same time again :( ) haha
    cleaning my apt
    dinner with friends tonight

20. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2009

Friday - participated in my "I don't cook on Fridays" religion - lol - have recruited some friends to join this cult

Saturday - college class (ugh!) then a friend's birthday party

Sunday - shopping so my family doesn't starve as per another thread and actually cooked dinner - went to a Native American pow wow in the afternoon - taking a break from homework currently

Monday - the plan is to clean house, do laundry, pre-cook some meals, do homework, do lesson planning, do everything I have been avoiding

21. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2009

I went to a luau thrown by a nearby hula-dancing school (I wasn't even aware there were such schools before this weekend, especially not in New Jersey).

The people there were all really sweet, warm, and welcoming. It lasted from about 3 to about 9. There was a stage set up and dance performances started around 5 and went for a few hours, including both child and adult students and teachers. Now I'm trying to think of ways to convince my kids they really would like to take hula dancing lessons.

22. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 18, 2009

Sat
    - Route 66 Rendevous Classic Car Show (although I could care less about it...my BF's into all that)
    - County fair again!
    - Reading/Studying

Sun - Relax day, read/studying

23. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Sep 18, 2009

No plans yet. We need to clean, I have too much to upload on Sprout, dh promised to work on my new advertising campaign (yeah, right....). That's about it. He wants me to keep it open in case he thinks of something to do. He's been looking at last minute trip ideas, so he wants me ready to leave at a moment's notice in case he gets an amazing deal in Paris. Again-yeah, right....

I thought we might go to some open houses on Sunday, but it looks like he's not interested.

Why did I get married again???

24. UCLACareerChngr

UCLACareerChngr Comrade

Sep 18, 2009

Football game tomorrow night, Disneyland with family on Sunday...and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING tonight...my wife and I make a pact, even though we've gotten two different invites...tonight is home, quiet, with the family, and to bed early - been a long week.

25. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 18, 2009

I have a workshop tomorrow morning. After that, I have a hot date with my teacher manuals.

I'll find time to fit in sleep somewhere. :p

26. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 18, 2009

4 1/2 hour drive tomorrow to Ottawa for a soccer game Sunday. 4 1/2 hour drive home Sunday after the game. I'm tired already!

27. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 18, 2009

Going to a wedding in Vegas. Heading up there at 8pm...should take about 4 hours. Long night of driving ahead!

28. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 19, 2009

I've been working on cocktail party plans for next weekend- Dh's birthday party. Autumnal theme- gorgeous silk fall leaves and garlands, candles in cut out gourds...I've already baked 12 dozen mini cupcakes and 6 dozen meatballs...ordered a wrap platter and a cheese platter. The rest of the food is 'put together' stuff...

I'm already exhausted from this week- jury duty day and back to school night plus many hours of tutoring...Glad I have a week still to get it all ready for the party.

29. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2009

My dh and I went to see Wicked last night... today I have to catch up on school work (but I am still playing around instead lol).

30. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 20, 2009

Great show- I saw it on Broadway a few years back. The dad of one of my students at the time was a sound engineer for the show so he invited us for a backstage tour before the show started. So cool. I got to have my picture taken in Glinda's bubble wand. ;)

31. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 20, 2009

Did you love it?! I certainly did & wouldn't mind seeing it again.

32. Ross

Ross Comrade

Sep 20, 2009

Just got done hiking with friends. :)

Now there is work in the yard and cleaning the garage that needs to get done. :(

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 25, 2009

Fri (today) - Run errands: Get dog food, need a nice tote bag, maybe fo to the gym. Going to county fair for 3rd time this year! :D

Sat - If I didn't do my errands the day before, I'll do them today, maybe the movies.

Sun - Usually my relax day, laundry, read/study for my college classes.

34. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Sep 25, 2009

Whoowee! Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios tonight and Sea World (teacher's day) tomorrow! I will be in a coma by Sunday!:p

35. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 25, 2009

My family is coming for a visit. I love it when everyone is around. I would love it if we all lived together. I miss the activity, the noise, the drama and the fun of a big family. I am cooking up a storm. Spaghetti sauce is on simmering, and I am going to make a couple pies. I will put something in the crock pot, and thaw some meat for BBQing. I do hate cleaning the house, but that is part of the fun--and if I don't get it done, no one cares.

36. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 25, 2009

Same thing this weekend...

37. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 25, 2009

Mrs. C,

I hope they win !!!

38. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 25, 2009

Have fun at the fair! This is the first year in several years that I won't be going because of all that's going on. It's about an hour to get there and last year it took about an hour just to get off the exit and we drove around so much trying to find parking that we ended up paying a local resident who was selling their driveway/yard for parking space. It was hard to get excited after all of that hassle just to get to the fair so hopefully next time we can go on a weekday!

39. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 25, 2009

I do too! This is their last game of their regular season--a win or a tie and they will go undefeated!

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 25, 2009

Thanks, I will! :) Oh no, what an ordeal you went through! :( I bought a season's pass. I usually go 2-3 times each year. Can't wait to eat that fair food. I didn't eat all day to save my appetite!

41. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 25, 2009

hehehe.... we would usually get an ice cream bar, hamburger, and a drink. What are you going to eat there?