Anyone have a Wii Fit?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teach'em, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Nov 28, 2008

I am getting a Wii Fit for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has one and if they like it? Did it help you get in shape?

3. TeachFirst123

TeachFirst123 Rookie

Nov 28, 2008

Yes. I have a Wii Fit. I really loved it when I first got it. Now, the newness has worn off and I hardly ever use it, but I should. If you do all the exercises, it does give a pretty good workout. You would probably have to add in some extra cardio on your own, but it's something fun to have around.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

I did wii fit about a week ago and my soreness is finally wearing off! It's great! I love it. I did wii fit a lot more when I first got it, but I still try to use it every once in a while when I don't get a chance to go to the gym. I really like the boxing one because it really seems to help work out my arms. I also like the aerobics part and the yoga section. Actually, I like it all. :D I guess the balance games are my least favorite, because I have horrible balance and I stink at those games. Those are the ones that is always recommended to me after I do the wii fit test. Bleh!

5. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 29, 2008

I have the Wii fit, and I love it! I like it because when I am playing the games, I lose track of the time that I am working out, because it is so much fun! It is definitely worth it!

The best thing that I like about it is that I can do it on my own time. I can do it whenever I get home from school. I don't have to leave my house to go to the gym, and I can work out in whatever I want. this is definitely the best purchase I have made in a while!

6. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Nov 29, 2008

I just got one a few weeks ago, and I love it. It doesn't seem like a workout because you are playing. Then BAM! all of the sudden, you have been working out for 90 minutes.

I have the male trainer, and I try to picture him as a hot, sweaty, gorgeous, deep-voiced trainer..oh, wait...I shouldn't have shared that, right? :)

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

:lol::lol: I have the female one, but maybe I would work out more if I had the male one. :D

8. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Nov 29, 2008

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get it!

9. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Nov 29, 2008

I can't wait either teach'em. I wonder what it will say my BMI is.

I just got it yesterday for my boys for Christmas. I really wanted but when they said they wanted it...well, okay let's do that.

Anyway, after I bought it I was totally thinking I was going to take it home and do it, right away. Then I remembered it was for them, and I need to wait. LOL

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 29, 2008

I should get one too! I'm all for working out & having so much fun that an hr's passed & it didn't even feel like it.

11. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

Yes, it's great. Once you get started, it's very hard to stop. There are some "games" in there that makes you want to do it over and over again to beat your score. I would play it right now, but hubby is playing xbox :rolleyes:

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

Theres another wii exercise game that came out with Jillian, from Biggest Loser. I wonder if that'll be fun to work out with too?

13. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Nov 29, 2008

The other cool thing is that the board is being used for other games. My neighbors just got a cheer game for their daughter and it uses the fit board. Maybe more games will follow.

Peachy- do I need the rechargable thing? I didn't buy any extras. But I am thinking maybe I need to.

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

Oh, never mind. I read some reviews on Amazon and it looks like the Jillian fit game is pretty bad. BUT, I did read some reviews on the Active Life Outdoor Challenge game and that one looks like it might be a lot of fun. It doesn't look like it uses the wii board. I want to buy more games that uses the wii board.

Lemonhead- what rechargeable thing are you talking about? Is it something that you can buy for the wii board???

15. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Nov 29, 2008

16. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

Oh, I see. Well, we have a tons of rechargeable batteries for all of our x-box and wii controllers. So, for us, we use rechargeable batteries. But, if you don't use as many batteries as we do, then I would just get that battery pack.

17. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Nov 29, 2008

We use rechargable here too. I am not going to worry about it then.

18. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Nov 29, 2008

I have had my Wii Fit board for about 3 months, and even thought I use it every day, I haven't had to replace the batteries yet. Just my 2 cents

19. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 29, 2008

I've had since May time and also hadn't had to replace it.

20. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Nov 29, 2008

Ooh, this sounds like something I want to buy. I already have the Wii game system. What else do I need to buy? I'm assuming probably a game as well as some kind of control or mat.

21. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 29, 2008

Now you guys are making me want to go out and buy a wii. How much is the wii plus the wii fit accessories, out of idle curiosity?

22. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Nov 30, 2008

You just need the Wii fit board and whatever comes in the box with it. It runs about $89.99 everywhere. They are kind of a hot commodity right now though.

Separately sold, is a little Wii yoga mat and a siclicone cover for the Wii board which I guess helps traction. Those two things together were another $20.00. I didn't buy that.

23. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 30, 2008

The wii system itself if $249.99 and the wii fit (game and balance board) is $89.99. All summer, I've seen them in stores, but I wonder if they are all sold out at the stores again. I was thinking of getting the system and the game for my brother for Christmas. We'll see.

24. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Nov 30, 2008

I saw a Wii Fit advertised at Sam's for $74.99. I doubt they have any left, but it's worth a shot.

It took me six months to get the system last year. The guy at GameStop knew me by my first name because I called him every day when they would get their shipments in. Finally, one day when I called, he said they just got three. I told him to hang on to one, left school (during my off period, of course), and got it. It sat in the back of my car the rest of the school day, and I felt like the kid on the day before xmas! I couldn't wait to get home to play. It took me a while to get the Wii Fit, too. But I finally got it--I don't play it as much as I should, but when we do, it is definitely a lot of fun.

25. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 30, 2008

Yikes...almost 350 dollars. It will have to wait, or maybe I can talk the wealthy ex-boyfriend into one...we're still friends :D