Anyone have a SMART board?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by Mom2two, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Mom2two

Mom2two Companion

Jul 8, 2009

Just wondering if anyone out there has a SMART board in Kindergarten? I had one last year in 3rd gr. and Loved it. Just wondering what you like to use it for in K? What are some of your favorite sites? I have heard about starfall.com. Any other good ones you recommend?

3. clld2tch

clld2tch Rookie

Jul 8, 2009

I probably won't be of too much help to you because I'm just moving to kindergarten this year and I've never used a smartboard. However, I did take a class about a week ago on using the SMARTnotebook. It had tons of lesson plans and games that could be adapted for kindergarten. Our ITRT also showed us a really neat program that you could use for practicing math facts and spelling CVC words. I'll have to find my notes so I can share more about it...

4. beanie

beanie Rookie

Jul 12, 2009

We have one in every classroom at our school which is great. My kids tend to love the websites from the PBS Kids website. Because we don't get a lot of those TV shows in Australia, they like seeing the videos and playing the games...they love Alpha Pig from Super Why? !!!

5. spunkyteacher

spunkyteacher Rookie

Jul 14, 2009

We use starfall and pbskids.org. Another good one for math is abcya.com. I have more saved on my computer at school. I'll try to remember to get them when I go back to school to work.

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 14, 2009

I had one in my old room and we used it several times per day. I've been moved to an old storage portable and it isn't even wired for technology so I'm going to miss all that. But, just in case they decide to bring my room into the 21st century, I'm interested in all these resources. So..keep 'em comin"!

7. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jul 14, 2009

Okay, I guess I need to catch up with the 21st century as well. While visiting another school recently I saw a smartboard for the first time.
    1. So you do have to have internet access? We don't have internet access in our classrooms. Old building and seems it will be pretty expensive to do.
    2. Where do you get the smartboard? Maybe getting some info would help spur the powers that be....